SportsWrath

Eagles CB Lito Sheppard Requests a Trade.....

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

NFL Network and ESPNews both report that the Eagles have given CB Lito Sheppard permission to seek a trade.

A shocker. Sheppard hasn't completed a 16-game season since 2003, but is only 26 and the Birds' best cover corner when healthy. Philadelphia would take a $2.9 million cap hit to move him. The Eagles are not deep at cornerback, so it's unclear how they'd atone for losing the two-time All Pro. They will probably only make a deal if they get a bounty in return.

What do you guys think?? I love our corners but if we don't have to give a lot up, I would take him in a heartbeat.

Maybe if we traded Madison... and even still, I'd feel a little bad about it with the way Sammy played down the stretch for us. :/

Yes but overall, Madison is wayyyyy past his prime and this guy is on the up and up... and I'm sure we'd have to give up far more than Madison... a 6th rounder maybe?

i don't see why you guys are even discussing trading for a talented corner in our division.

there's no way the eagles trade lito to us.

and why would they do it for madison? :unsure:

I am confused why they think the Eagles would trade with us as well.

i don't see why you guys are even discussing trading for a talented corner in our division.

there's no way the eagles trade lito to us.

and why would they do it for madison? :unsure:

Never say never. I'm not saying it's likely to happen but why rule it out?

Interesting, but decent corners are way overpriced these days. I think our scouts are pretty good at finding good ones via the draft. One more and we're set, Madison will do until then.

Are you hinting the Skins will sign him? :rolleyes:

Just thinking of the 80 mil the 49ers put up for whatshisname. You gotta think the Eagles will be looking for super value for this trade, possibly a top-teir receiver.

Nate Clements- and trades like those (star for star) just don't happen in the NFL. possibly trade him to move up on draft day if there's someone they want.

Nate Clements- and trades like those (star for star) just don't happen in the NFL. possibly trade him to move up on draft day if there's someone they want.

If they don't make a WR splash in FA they'll do everything possible to get DeSEan JAckson.

Interesting, but decent corners are way overpriced these days. I think our scouts are pretty good at finding good ones via the draft. One more and we're set, Madison will do until then.
Well said. I trust our GM, Mr. Reese, to make good draft picks. Just look at his performance last year. WELL DONE.

Our Cb's this past postseason(particularly Webster) have shown that they can do the job. In no way would I pay what it would take to get Shepard. As was pointed out no way the Eagles help us in this regard either by making a deal withinin the division.

Webster improved leaps and bounds and it was a matter of the right scheme and some confidence with him. From what I have heard, Tim Lewis absolutely berated him for 2 year as he was unable to grasp the zone defenses that Lewis employed. Its clear the problem was Lewis and an inabity to see the types of talent he has and how to utilize it. Some good play and confidence was all that was needed for Webster to play well. I would like to see a second tier CB signed this off season, a decision of whether to keep Madison or MCQuarters(preferrable Madison if we can find a PR) and maybe draft another CB in the mid rounds.

OUR Cb's are not as bad as everyone thinks.

Our Cb's this past postseason(particularly Webster) have shown that they can do the job. In no way would I pay what it would take to get Shepard. As was pointed out no way the Eagles help us in this regard either by making a deal withinin the division.

Webster improved leaps and bounds and it was a matter of the right scheme and some confidence with him. From what I have heard, Tim Lewis absolutely berated him for 2 year as he was unable to grasp the zone defenses that Lewis employed. Its clear the problem was Lewis and an inabity to see the types of talent he has and how to utilize it. Some good play and confidence was all that was needed for Webster to play well. I would like to see a second tier CB signed this off season, a decision of whether to keep Madison or MCQuarters(preferrable Madison if we can find a PR) and maybe draft another CB in the mid rounds.

I'd like a solid safety to replace Butler.. that's for sure.

I agree...No way Shepard gets traded to us. The eagles are not that stupid.

But in a way, Tim lewis was destine to fail. When you're asking a 3-4 coach to implement a defense with 4-3 players. You're asking for trouble. Plus, to play zone, you have to have speed in the secondary. The Giants secondary was one of the slowest in the NFL 2 years ago. When your SS is the fastest player on the team, no es bueno.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Giants draft a Corner back in the first round. I know with Webster performance in the playoffs is not a high priority as before. But I wouldn't as shock as most people think.

I agree...No way Shepard gets traded to us. The eagles are not that stupid.

But in a way, Tim lewis was destine to fail. When you're asking a 3-4 coach to implement a defense with 4-3 players. You're asking for trouble. Plus, to play zone, you have to have speed in the secondary. The Giants secondary was one of the slowest in the NFL 2 years ago. When your SS is the fastest player on the team, no es bueno.

I wouldn't be suprised if the Giants draft a Corner back in the first round. I know with Webster performance in the playoffs is not a high priority as before. But I wouldn't as shock as most people think.

Proper Spanish would be, "no esta bien" ;)

Oh, I thought he was the linebackers coach.

I don't really remember any prominent Eagles that signed with the Giants anyway,

well...besides Carlos Emmons who was a complete and utter waste at the linebacker

position.

Brian Mitchell