SportsWrath

Than National Anthem

Nas

I thought it was a good sign that the national anthem in this year's Super Bowl was only surpassed by the 1990-1991's performance by Whitney Houston.

Anyone else though (don't really know her name) did an excellent job?

It was a pretty good job especially considering the stage she was on and how she got there. And most importantly she resisted the temptation to go over the top like most do. I was pleasantly surprised.

That was the first comment I made to my dad a couple days later. I understand the idea of singing the song and putting your mark on it, but many times people just ruin the song. Jordin did a real nice job of singing the song how it was meant to be sung.

That was the first comment I made to my dad a couple days later. I understand the idea of singing the song and putting your mark on it, but many times people just ruin the song. Jordin did a real nice job of singing the song how it was meant to be sung.

Hopefully the DVD will show her singing..

The song was recorded the day before and she sung along with it. She messed up several times during the song where you could clealy see her miss her words. She was very nervous but again she's only 18. She actually sings nice.

I didnt notice her mess up at all. And dont remember her Uncle Johnny saying anything about recording it the day before. I talk to the Sparks family almost on a daily basis, I've known them for some time.. Im pretty sure it was live, and I think she did great!

The song was recorded the day before and she sung along with it. She messed up several times during the song where you could clealy see her miss her words. She was very nervous but again she's only 18. She actually sings nice.

I don't think that's the case at all. The NFL and her can't afford the embarrassment. I think she sang it live and she did a fantastic job.

So far the top 3 national anthems:

1) Whitney Houston: Super Bowl 1991

2) Sparks: Super Bowl 2008

3) Me drunk at a party (wasn't sure everyone was cheering me on or begging me to stop :P )

I don't think that's the case at all. The NFL and her can't afford the embarrassment. I think she sang it live and she did a fantastic job.

3) Me drunk at a party (wasn't sure everyone was cheering me on or begging me to stop :P )

Embarrasment? With the Anthem especially, more often than not its pre-recorded and lip synced to during the live show. Thats not really news. Especially at the super bowl.

No love for Roseanne? It wasn't the SB but still...

Yeah, but it is considered the single toughest song to sing, and singing the National Anthem with half the country or more watching would make the butt cheecks of even the most experienced artists quiver.

The way I see it, if the person doesn't have the guts, then he or she shouldn't be on the stage. I lived half of my life outside the United States and I was able to sing it from start to finish.. flawlessly (except for not being able to "sing").

Yeah, but it is considered the single toughest song to sing, and singing the National Anthem with half the country or more watching would make the butt cheecks of even the most experienced artists quiver.

They do record it alot, for ones that cant sing it through w/o messing up. Sparks did it live, as did Whitney Houston. Trust me on this one. ;)

Especially when you stretch a 40 second song into 3 minutes. ;)

Until anyone sings the National Anthem in under 1 minute IN A TELEVISED

event (none at a Mets vs. Pirates game or Yanks vs. Orioles) then I will be

satisfied.

If we go to the big dance next year, perhaps Tito's daughter should sing, then we'll have both the bookends.

I read the other year that he was still playing (in Canada) and was now a beefier linebacker...unbelievable, he turned out to be a real piece of dung.

If we go to the big dance next year, perhaps Tito's daughter should sing, then we'll have both the bookends.

I read the other year that he was still playing (in Canada) and was now a beefier linebacker...unbelievable, he turned out to be a real piece of dung.

OMG, did you just bring up TITO PAUL??? :cwy:

Why does "burnt toast" come to mind all of a sudden? :rolleyes:

No, Tito Wooten, that was Sparks' counterpart.

Wooten, Paul.....does it really matter?? LMAO Thats how forgettable that guy is, I cant even remember his name. :rolleyes: Anyway, that guy got burnt more than toast.

BTW....Who the fuck is TITO PAUL? Who was I thinking of? lol :unsure: