SportsWrath

They've been cut - A running list of veterans

boohyah

Do we give Leftwich a shot at backup? Or is he done?

Nice to see you back Charles.

You have to wonder what he has left when the guy now the head coach of the team is a former co-ordinator of the Jaguars. It's seems more and more likely he's damaged goods. But he could be worth a look.

I mean, our depth at backup QB is a joke and quite scary if Eli went down.

If I were the Giants I would take a looksie at Todd Collins, Mark Brunnell or possibly Trent Green. Nice vets who in a pinch can win you a game if your starter is nicked up.

For all intents and purpoes ELI should have sat the regular season GB game, he did not pick up a ball all week and I think since our backup situation was so poor they just let him risk it further. Thank god nothing happened, but in a situation where one of the above mentioned guys is there maybe he gets a week or so off.

If I were the Giants I would take a looksie at Todd Collins, Mark Brunnell or possibly Trent Green. Nice vets who in a pinch can win you a game if your starter is nicked up.

For all intents and purpoes ELI should have sat the regular season GB game, he did not pick up a ball all week and I think since our backup situation was so poor they just let him risk it further. Thank god nothing happened, but in a situation where one of the above mentioned guys is there maybe he gets a week or so off.

Todd Colllins will follow Saunders to St. Louis

I heard Cleo Lemon is an FA. Maybe he'd settle for a backup job here.

Todd Colllins will follow Saunders to St. Louis

I heard Cleo Lemon is an FA. Maybe he'd settle for a backup job here.

Todd Collins is not too bad as a backup, but yes he was on the radio the other day and he may head to St.Louis.

I would want nothing to do with Cleo Lemon.

i prefer a change of pace backup to another pocket passer. a successful backups should disrupt the game plan of the opposing team. so if your team has a pocket passer (like eli) i prefer a scrambler, someone who the defense wasn't planning on. think montana/young- simms/hoss-

eli doesn't need the tutelage of a grey hair QB- my opinion of course.

i prefer a change of pace backup to another pocket passer. a successful backups should disrupt the game plan of the opposing team. so if your team has a pocket passer (like eli) i prefer a scrambler, someone who the defense wasn't planning on. think montana/young- simms/hoss-

eli doesn't need the tutelage of a grey hair QB- my opinion of course.

Brunnel moves in the pocket a bit and has a history with COughlin/Gilbride. best case scenario is a backup is signed and never plays anyway.

I just cannot stop thinking back to that GB game in week 2, where ELI threw zero passes all week and did not throw a pass in warmups over 10 yards. I think that day, we needed a good solid backup to play, just to let the injury get some rest. Kudos to ELI and his toughness and obviosuly late in the year in a big game he would have played, but I think he really needed that week off.

Brunnel moves in the pocket a bit and has a history with COughlin/Gilbride. best case scenario is a backup is signed and never plays anyway.

I just cannot stop thinking back to that GB game in week 2, where ELI threw zero passes all week and did not throw a pass in warmups over 10 yards. I think that day, we needed a good solid backup to play, just to let the injury get some rest. Kudos to ELI and his toughness and obviosuly late in the year in a big game he would have played, but I think he really needed that week off.

i so agree we need an upgrade in our backup QB- wright and lefty are jokes. i don't think that brunell has much left in the tank, though. ideally, i'd like a seneca wallace type of backup

i so agree we need an upgrade in our backup QB- wright and lefty are jokes. i don't think that brunell has much left in the tank, though. ideally, i'd like a seneca wallace type of backup

With what you describe Cleo Lemon sounds like the best bet. He can move a bit. I do agree with you assesment of a different style QB as the backup.

Todd Collins is not too bad as a backup, but yes he was on the radio the other day and he may head to St.Louis.

I would want nothing to do with Cleo Lemon.

Why? NFL experience, mobile, decent arm.

I'd feel comftorable with him coming in for a game or two.

I said that last year Tree, but he looked bad in Oakland last year. I mean, look at his competition out there and yet he couldn't make starter.

His ride in Oakland was bizarre though. I've never seen someone going from starter to inactive like he was. Josh McCown stinks and Russel was still a project, but Culpepper seemed decent when they let him play. I think there must have beeen personality issues there. Didn't he throw 6 TDs in one game?

His ride in Oakland was bizarre though. I've never seen someone going from starter to inactive like he was. Josh McCown stinks and Russel was still a project, but Culpepper seemed decent when they let him play. I think there must have beeen personality issues there. Didn't he throw 6 TDs in one game?

I actually wondered about this more than once last year. He didn't play spectacular but seemed better than McCown. Yet they just kept rotating him in and out. The only good explination is that Oakland is a cluster fuck, no wonder Moss took a pay cut to get out.