SportsWrath

Hypothetical Question

Dragon

IMO Smith is a very attractive option for the number 2 receiver. Remember, this dude was a rookie and was hurt a long time, and without him we would have maybe won 1 playoff game, certainly not 2 a definately not 3 or the super bowl. He will be perfectly capable of stepping in for Toomer should Amani retire. but if that happens, we would need a solid number 3 option, and i just don't see Moss being able to provide what Smith provided as the 3rd receiver.

Luckily, this is a really deep draft for wide receivers. I've been doing some research on the position for the homework thing, and there is quality guys out there that will be available in the mid to late rounds.

A true speedster would do wonders for this team.

Donte Stallworth, Benard Berrian, Drew Carter and maybe Andre Davis would be a great fit for us.

We have Sionrice Moss. He should be able to fill the #3 spot just fine.... it's about time.

Luckily, this is a really deep draft for wide receivers. I've been doing some research on the position for the homework thing, and there is quality guys out there that will be available in the mid to late rounds.

That too VG. We should be able to land a tall athletic WR in the draft as well.. not too big on free agents.

We have Sionrice Moss. He should be able to fill the #3 spot just fine.... it's about time.

Moss is done.

He was inactive the entire postseason, do you really think the Giants have any use for him?

Jennings makes the team over Moss IMO.

Yeah honestly... Moss didn't look that bad when he was in there this season.

I'd agree tho that a real burner couldn't hurt. Berrian might not be a bad fit... Davis is kinda short, if I remember correctly. It's funny tho... Plax isn't considered a speedster, but he seemed to catch a LOT of deep passes this year... and that was with an ankle injury.

What I'd hope for would be this:

#1 guy - Plax

Possesion guy - Smith

Burner - ?????

Reverse/Jitterbug/gimmick guy - Moss

Don't forget this guy

10Giants.1.600.jpg

Grillz did a pre-superbowl thing on Giants.com and was on the sidelines during the Superbowl. I have the feeling the Giants want him to comeback and try for a spot again. I don't know what's with all this WR talk all the time. There is Plax, Toomer, Smith, Tyree, Jennings, Hixon and maybe Moss. How many WRs does this team need?

Grillz did a pre-superbowl thing on Giants.com and was on the sidelines during the Superbowl. I have the feeling the Giants want him to comeback and try for a spot again. I don't know what's with all this WR talk all the time. There is Plax, Toomer, Smith, Tyree, Jennings, Hixon and maybe Moss. How many WRs does this team need?

Just a hypothetical question, man. Toomer has a ring now... what if he decides to retire? Smith did a good job as the 3rd option especially in the SB, but can he step up to the number 2 if Toomer decides to hang the cleats up? Also can Tyree take over as the number 3?

Yeah honestly... Moss didn't look that bad when he was in there this season.

I'd agree tho that a real burner couldn't hurt. Berrian might not be a bad fit... Davis is kinda short, if I remember correctly. It's funny tho... Plax isn't considered a speedster, but he seemed to catch a LOT of deep passes this year... and that was with an ankle injury.

What I'd hope for would be this:

#1 guy - Plax

Possesion guy - Smith

Burner - ?????

Reverse/Jitterbug/gimmick guy - Moss

Davis, I believe 6-1". So is Berrian... I think Stallworth is the shortest at 5-11".

nearly everyone claims it takes two years to fully recover from an acl tear, so I think Toomer will be better next year.

I like our corps for the most part. I'd like to see us bring in some undrafted kids to fight for a spot, but nothing more than that.

I do not see Amani coming back for another season, if he leaves now he leaves as the all time Giants Leader in receptions (and TD's too I believe) a superbowl ring on his finger and good health. He might want to just spend the summer chasin the muff around instead of getting ready for another season.

It would be great to draft a WR with some speed and hands. If Tim Carter could have caught one of three balls thrown at him he would have been a real threat. I have not spent any time looking into this draft class, but with the last pick I think the team needs to be looking for the best talent available.

I do not see Amani coming back for another season, if he leaves now he leaves as the all time Giants Leader in receptions (and TD's too I believe) a superbowl ring on his finger and good health. He might want to just spend the summer chasin the muff around instead of getting ready for another season.

It would be great to draft a WR with some speed and hands. If Tim Carter could have caught one of three balls thrown at him he would have been a real threat. I have not spent any time looking into this draft class, but with the last pick I think the team needs to be looking for the best talent available.

Theres this dude James Hardy from Indiana I believe. Like 6'7" 220 roughly. I think his 40 was in the high 4.4's maybe 4.5's, but from the few clips i saw on him he had a knack for getting open and making big plays. Theres a good chance he'll be available at the 31st pick. But like i said before, there is a ton of talent at wr in this draft class, we could draft a wr in the mid rounds and get a guy who could help us right away should Amani retire.

You are correct about the TDs. He passed Kyle Rote in the SF game for the All Time TD lead.

Theres this dude James Hardy from Indiana I believe. Like 6'7" 220 roughly. I think his 40 was in the high 4.4's maybe 4.5's, but from the few clips i saw on him he had a knack for getting open and making big plays. Theres a good chance he'll be available at the 31st pick. But like i said before, there is a ton of talent at wr in this draft class, we could draft a wr in the mid rounds and get a guy who could help us right away should Amani retire.

James Hardy does not run a 4.4 - 4.5. He's more closer to 4.6-4.7.

James Hardy does not run a 4.4 - 4.5. He's more closer to 4.6-4.7.

You may be right. I was doing some quick research on the wr prospects, and this is something I found.

. NFL scouts will drool over his soft hands and his amazing red zone potential. He has the potential to become a bigger, more athletic Plaxico Burress type weapon for some franchise. Hardy has a 42 inch vertical leap, to go along with his size and reported 4.45 speed.

James Hardy