SportsWrath

Giants fans Suck Balls

GorillaNJ

Hey, I've gone to Giants games my whole life and I'm always the first to tell you that our home stadium fans suck.

The first home game I went to this year, we had a critical third down play on Defense. I was screaming my head off, and I wanted to see who else was too... I counted nobody in THREE WHOLE ROWS in front of me who was making any noise... not even clapping their hands. In the fourth row, there was a guy about six chairs in who was yelling and clapping.

If you wanna take a nap, stay home.

I think the fact that our crowd sucks is a combination of two things. One, you have these old men that everybody has mentioned who can't bring themselves to stand, much less cheer. Two, you have a lot of younger guys who have inherited the seats from their old man, who realized that he was too old to go anymore. These younger guys came of age during the glory years (80s), and simply can't get excited when the team isn't great. The Yankees are seeing the same phenomenon right now. I mean, Yankee Stadium was empty in the 9th inning of game 4 against the Indians this year, with the Yanks down only 3 and Jeter, Abreu, and ARod coming up. It's just complacency.