SportsWrath

Giants fans Suck Balls

GorillaNJ

So coming into the game last night, with the potential to clinch a playoff spot the stadium is only 3/4 full. There were front row seats that were empty....

Half time, half the assholes leave. There were 7 people sitting in my row on the 200 level.

I stuck around until 3:00 minutes left, and then I left in disgust.

In one respect, I agree. Our fanbase is not like Seattle's, Green Bay's, or even the Raiders (for that matter). Of course, that may tell you a bit about the way we play at home, the stadium experience, and the way seats are managed.

In any event, too many years of big highs and lows aren't likely to bring in big crowds. Oh well, I prefer to watch games at home anyways. Sitting amongst some foul mouthed punks doesn't make for something that I can't get elsewhere (say Philly for example).

I love the G-men and I'll never waver, but there's just some pizazz that we're missing; I sure felt we were onto it when Shockey was in full effect, but neutering him seems to be what defines our team.

I only wish we had Spags as our coach when we had Kerry, Tiki, etc. At one time we had a fairly potent offense and now we're sluggish.

I was just saying the other day that the players need to call out the fan base for what they are. How dare you come to this stadium and represent us in such a lazy fashion. They need to do away with the waiting list and just sell tickets to the general public. Though that would never happen, cause we wouldnt sell out, when we were in the shitter. Such a shame.

Sure the 'fans suck' but what the fuck would they cheer for??? 22-3 (a garbage TD to make it 22-10?) vs a team you should and NEED to beat and you're in!!!! Fuck!

Swirling winds and the FIRST play out the box is a chuck to Burress. 44 pass attempts and it's windy? And you have Jacobs averaging 5 yds a carry? If the Giants would have established the run when the score was 6-0 and scored a TD (instead of that missed FG) maybe the 'crowd sucks' statement would fly. But IMO, the crowd should have booed louder last night. The Giants were flat and have a LOSING record at home!!!!!

Sure the 'fans suck' but what the fuck would they cheer for??? 22-3 (a garbage TD to make it 22-10?) vs a team you should and NEED to beat and you're in!!!! Fuck!

Swirling winds and the FIRST play out the box is a chuck to Burress. 44 pass attempts and it's windy? And you have Jacobs averaging 5 yds a carry? If the Giants would have established the run when the score was 6-0 and scored a TD (instead of that missed FG) maybe the 'crowd sucks' statement would fly. But IMO, the crowd should have booed louder last night. The Giants were flat and have a LOSING record at home!!!!!

For most of the game, washington's offense looked as impotent as ours, so it's not out of the question to expect the crowd to be a 'HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE'. Face it, they stunk.

For most of the game, washington's offense looked as impotent as ours, so it's not out of the question to expect the crowd to be a 'HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE'. Face it, they stunk.

True....but can you agree that the Washington coaches did not call plays that Collins could not do. They were prepared! Tom Collins adjusted his throwing motion to get some completions. He did NOT lite it up but he looked like he's been back there 4 years in a row and Eli looked liked the guy who hasn't started a game in 10 years. And Portis was effectice. He ran well to fit the conditions. If Landry of the Redskins is 25 yds off the line of scrimmage why couldn't the Giants rip off more runs that were positive? Or get the ball to a back that can catch the ball? A la Bradshaw....it's obvious Brandon can't catch.

Poor planning. The Giants are supposed to be a playoff team. I expected more. So did the crowd!

True....but can you agree that the Washington coaches did not call plays that Collins could not do. They were prepared! Tom Collins adjusted his throwing motion to get some completions. He did NOT lite it up but he looked like he's been back there 4 years in a row and Eli looked liked the guy who hasn't started a game in 10 years. And Portis was effectice. He ran well to fit the conditions. If Landry of the Redskins is 25 yds off the line of scrimmage why couldn't the Giants rip off more runs that were positive? Or get the ball to a back that can catch the ball? A la Bradshaw....it's obvious Brandon can't catch.

Poor planning. The Giants are supposed to be a playoff team. I expected more. So did the crowd!

I can't agree with that. Both qb's were hurting because of the wind. Both looked like they hadn't played in 10 years. But yes, the Wash coaches didn't have Collins throwing deep 50 times.

We were outcoached. They ran it 10 more times than passed. We passed about 20 more times than we ran.

Very very stupid on our part, or Gilbride's.

But did Eli look worse than Collins? Not really. They both had very little going for them.

I can't agree with that. Both qb's were hurting because of the wind. Both looked like they hadn't played in 10 years. But yes, the Wash coaches didn't have Collins throwing deep 50 times.

We were outcoached. They ran it 10 more times than passed. We passed about 20 more times than we ran.

Very very stupid on our part, or Gilbride's.

But did Eli look worse than Collins? Not really. They both had very little going for them.

Collins is a scrub. Eli is THE starting QB. They both looked even???? That's my point. Who's been at the Meadowlands for 4 seasons? Not Collins. Eli has. And his mechanics are a mess and the plan was for him to throw more????? I am lost on that one! Even with NO wind, do you really trust Eli to throw 51 times a game? Esp when Jacobs and Co. avg 5.5 yds per carry.....why throw as much?

Collins is a scrub. Eli is THE starting QB. They both looked even???? That's my point.

If that's your point, then you didn't present it well with

Collins adjusted his throwing motion to get some completions. He did NOT lite it up but he looked like he's been back there 4 years in a row and Eli looked liked the guy who hasn't started a game in 10 years.

Neither guy play well is my point, so it's not accurate to say Collins looked better than Eli. Collins was 8/25 with not TD's. So, I cannot agree with the above quote.

Who's been at the Meadowlands for 4 seasons? Not Collins. Eli has. And his mechanics are a mess and the plan was for him to throw more????? I am lost on that one! Even with NO wind, do you really trust Eli to throw 51 times a game? Esp when Jacobs and Co. avg 5.5 yds per carry.....why throw as much?

I'm lost on that one too Randy. It's Gilbride's mess. He needs to go. I think Eli has struggled at the Meadowlands since he was drafted.

Nesta....for example Simms struggled with the Meadowlands and struggled in General his first few years. Although he wasn't the BEST QB in the NFC.....Phil adjusted his game accordingly somehow for the better. Improved it. Where's Eli headed? 4 years with the Giants and he is still a mechanical mess? Phil wasn't touted to be alladat like a Eli. And even if "Eli isn't Peyton" who is he? Someone that is compared to Todd Collins last night? If this is Eli's team and this is Eli's Stadium why the fuck is Eli STILL struggling at 'home'? Collins has an excuse, what's Eli's? Play calling? Coaching? Dropsies? Shit, Simms did NOT have a WR with the likes of Toomer, Smith, Burress and Shockey....(all at the same time AND a running game????!!!!)

When are we gonna say to ourselves that "Hey, I feel good when Eli drops back to pass....he is gonna make that throw accurately at home" or "Eli has made vast improvements and he is gonna win us a playoff game!"

(I realize it isn't just the QB that wins us a game but he sho' is very important in that process)

Nesta....for example Simms struggled with the Meadowlands and struggled in General his first few years. Although he wasn't the BEST QB in the NFC.....Phil adjusted his game accordingly somehow for the better. Improved it. Where's Eli headed? 4 years with the Giants and he is still a mechanical mess? Phil wasn't touted to be alladat like a Eli. And even if "Eli isn't Peyton" who is he? Someone that is compared to Todd Collins last night? If this is Eli's team and this is Eli's Stadium why the fuck is Eli STILL struggling at 'home'? Collins has an excuse, what's Eli's? Play calling? Coaching? Dropsies? Shit, Simms did NOT have a WR with the likes of Toomer, Smith, Burress and Shockey....(all at the same time AND a running game????!!!!)

When are we gonna say to ourselves that "Hey, I feel good when Eli drops back to pass....he is gonna make that throw accurately at home" or "Eli has made vast improvements and he is gonna win us a playoff game!"

(I realize it isn't just the QB that wins us a game but he sho' is very important in that process)

Randoff, step away from the caffeine. You're all over the place. lol

You said in one quote that Collins looked like he'd been there for 4 years, and that he looked better than Eli.

That's not accurate.

Now if you had said both qb's looked like scrubs and played like shit, that I can agree with. But they both stunk. If I had to say one played better than the other, and I wouldn't, I would say Eli was better because of the lone garbage TD.

Now if you want to blame this game on any one person, I think it's obvious who that should be.

Randoff, step away from the caffeine. You're all over the place. lol

You said in one quote that Collins looked like he'd been there for 4 years, and that he looked better than Eli.

That's not accurate.

Now if you had said both qb's looked like scrubs and played like shit, that I can agree with. But they both stunk. If I had to say one played better than the other, and I wouldn't, I would say Eli was better because of the lone garbage TD.

Now if you want to blame this game on any one person, I think it's obvious who that should be.

Forgive me! I tried to make a point as to why Eli was playing like he's never played in the Meadowlands. He's the big contract guy #1 pick that needs to step up and improve as well as the play calling, preperation and adjusting to the wind....needs to improve.

So my question is: if "Eli isn't Peyton" who is he? Someone that is compared to Todd Collins last night?

[P.S. My hot Green Tea is caffeine free.... <_< ]

Forgive me! I tried to make a point as to why Eli was playing like he's never played in the Meadowlands. He's the big contract guy #1 pick that needs to step up and improve as well as the play calling, preperation and adjusting to the wind....needs to improve.

So my question is: if "Eli isn't Peyton" who is he? Someone that is compared to Todd Collins last night?

[P.S. My hot Green Tea is caffeine free.... <_< ]

Eli is Eli. The sooner you learn to live with it, the better off you'll be. :D

Now last night was no run of the mill meadowlands game. The winds are not always so extreme.

I honestly think any quarterback would have struggled, much less one that throws it 52 times. And how many deep passes and/or drops? Look at Collins, all of his attempts were short and he still was 8/25 and did he have half the drops we had?

How can anyone look at this game and blame anyone other than Gilbride? :confused:

Our running game was working Randoff. BJ finished the game with 5.2 ypc. And once again Bradshaw goes for one carry for 8 yards. When are we gonna give that kid a chance?

All that and we still threw 40 times before we hit the 'oh shit we have to pass' mark.

Eli is Eli. The sooner you learn to live with it, the better off you'll be. :D

Now last night was no run of the mill meadowlands game. The winds are not always so extreme.

I honestly think any quarterback would have struggled, much less one that throws it 52 times. And how many deep passes and/or drops? Look at Collins, all of his attempts were short and he still was 8/25 and did he have half the drops we had?

How can anyone look at this game and blame anyone other than Gilbride? :confused: Our running game was working Randoff. BJ finished the game with 5.2 ypc. And once again Bradshaw goes for one carry for 8 yards. When are we gonna give that kid a chance?

I've gotten used to Eli is Eli. But I cannot get used to ANY QB that will NOT work on eliminating bad habits. If J-Load was in there for four years and still threw ducks, and off the back foot too much...I'd be critical of him too!

And you are right. Coaches call the plays and Gilbride is a retard! And it once was a time when the Meadowlands and the swirling winds were at our advantage. The former coaches were smart enough to plan around it. Simms was smart enough to get it done in the wind....and I trusted this Giants team back then at home.

I've gotten used to Eli is Eli. But I cannot get used to ANY QB that will NOT work on eliminating bad habits. If J-Load was in there for four years and still threw ducks, and off the back foot too much...I'd be critical of him too!

And you are right. Coaches call the plays and Gilbride is a retard! And it once was a time when the Meadowlands and the swirling winds were at our advantage. The former coaches were smart enough to plan around it. Simms was smart enough to get it done in the wind....and I trusted this Giants team back then at home.

Randoff, Simms only threw more than 500 times once in his career (and it wasn't a great year for him). We knew what we were back then. A running team with great defense.

At the rate Gilbride is going right now, Eli will have thrown more than 500 times for the 3rd consecutive year.

We're setting him and us up for failure. He is most successful when throwing play action. Everyone knows this. Yet we always seem to come out throwing, as if we feel the need to establish the pass to set up our poor running game. It's fucking crazy. It makes zero sense.

Comparing Simms and Eli is apples and oranges. Our coaching staff wasn't so stupid back then as to abandon the running game early and make Simms chuck it deep 15 times a game on 1st or 2nd down. Seriously, it's almost as if Gilbride is doing everything he can to see that Eli fails.

Randoff, Simms only threw more than 500 times once in his career (and it wasn't a great year for him). We knew what we were back then. A running team with great defense.

At the rate Gilbride is going right now, Eli will have thrown more than 500 times for the 3rd consecutive year.

We're setting him and us up for failure. He is most successful when throwing play action. Everyone knows this. Yet we always seem to come out throwing, as if we feel the need to establish the pass to set up our poor running game. It's fucking crazy. It makes zero sense.

Comparing Simms and Eli is apples and oranges. Our coaching staff wasn't so stupid back then as to abandon the running game early and make Simms chuck it deep 15 times a game on 1st or 2nd down. Seriously, it's almost as if Gilbride is doing everything he can to see that Eli fails.

True!

This thread shouldnt have anything to do with Eli, the crowd sucked ass well before anyone scored. We have the most pathectic 12th man in the league. For all the bitching everyone does about this team, the least they could have done is there part. REGARDLESS of the score at any point.

You all think Philly's fans would have hung it up at half time and left? HELL NO. You think they wouldnt have been screaming there heads off well into the 4th quarter??? Your damn right they would have.

Mike and the Mad Dog were just sticking up for the old-men who didn't show up for the game.... ehh- these guys need to get up in the morning and go to work. Who can blame them if they would rather watch the game from home so they can get to bed around 11.....

What assholes.

Mike and the Mad Dog were just sticking up for the old-men who didn't show up for the game.... ehh- these guys need to get up in the morning and go to work. Who can blame them if they would rather watch the game from home so they can get to bed around 11.....

What assholes.

Ummm no.. these OLD MEN are fucking retired. Who listens to thsoe shit-heads anyway

I left with 10 minutes to go in the third. It was my Dad's idea, but I couldn't dispute it. I was miserable. Freezing my ass off, cold feet and the Giants looked unbelievably bad.

When I heard we were about to come back, I felt guilty as hell :unsure: