SportsWrath

Tiki's comments on today's "Barber Shop."

Sephiroth

Missed the first five minutes due to an error on Sirius' website, but came in for this:

He didn't think his own comments were that bad.

Fans are happy that Eli is showing some fire, because it's been missing for a long time.

Eli was baited into talking about Tiki.

It's not Eli's job to talk, it's Eli's job to play football (because we all know, Tiki NEVER had anything to say about teammates or coaches while he was here).

Tiki takes criticism as motivation, so he gave all the beat writers his cell phone number, so if they had something to say they could say it to him. Eli has his cell phone number.

Tiki left it all on the field, so he gets pissed when someone questions his heart (note to Tiki: it was YOU who questioned whether or not your heart was in the game. Guess he's pissed at himself). Ronde chimed in that nobody but Tiki did anything to win the finale against the Redskins last year.

Ronde thought they should stop berating Eli because it was "comical."

They also played a tape of Eli's comments to come back from the first commercial break with Twisted Sister's "Leader of the Pack" playing, to which Tiki was laughing the whole time.

Ahh more:

Ronde mocked Eli by telling Tiki, "don't say something mean about me, I'm close to the edge." While "close to the edge" played after the second break. He was being a sarcastic jackass.

Tiki only has one issue with Eli's response, "If it's about you, let it be about you." Whatever the hell that means. :confused:

I've gotta say... I think I'm retiring my Barber JERSEY after today.

I'm very disappointed in Tiki. I always rooted for him, even when he was just a little guy who returned punts and carried the ball once in awhile. What is his problem with the New York Giants? :unsure: Say what you will about Coughlin, but Barber had his best season's under him, and didn't Coughlin help Tiki resolve his fumbling problem to help him reach his potential? Now he's calling out the quarterback, which is not that big a deal, but he is the one looking like a jackass reacting to Eli's reaction to him. I cannot stand Tiki Barber anymore, and hope he flops as an ANALyst... I started disliking him when we last saw him, sitting by himself looking like he had not a care in the world as Eli and the Giants battled their asses off trying to beat the Eagles in the playoffs.

Yeah, he basiccally called Tiki a talking head who is being coached.

No he didnt, he said he was surprised that Tiki would say something like that, because Tiki and Eli are friends.

Did anyone see Tiki on the NFL Network a few days ago? He basically said that everything now is getting blown out of porportion, he said he was grateful to TC, and that the only thing he didnt understand, and it did in fact have a little to do with his retiring, is that the org. did not want his input on things. What they were he didnt specify, but that didnt sit well with him because he has been a career Giant and did alot for us and thats not a way to treat a career Giant. He's got a point. I still believe everyone is making a mountain out of a molehill. Now, what has been stated in this post thus far, I havent seen. But could this be overexagerrating as well?

No he didnt, he said he was surprised that Tiki would say something like that, because Tiki and Eli are friends.

Did anyone see Tiki on the NFL Network a few days ago? He basically said that everything now is getting blown out of porportion, he said he was grateful to TC, and that the only thing he didnt understand, and it did in fact have a little to do with his retiring, is that the org. did not want his input on things. What they were he didnt specify, but that didnt sit well with him because he has been a career Giant and did alot for us and thats not a way to treat a career Giant. He's got a point. I still believe everyone is making a mountain out of a molehill. Now, what has been stated in this post thus far, I havent seen. But could this be overexagerrating as well?

Yes he did, he said he THOUGHT Eli and Tiki were friends and he is surprised Tiki is saying that. he also said Tiki must have someone in his ear coaxing him, which is the very definition of a talking head.

Yes he did, he said he THOUGHT Eli and Tiki were friends and he is surprised Tiki is saying that. he also said Tiki must have someone in his ear coaxing him, which is the very definition of a talking head.

Ahh, my bad. I get you now, I misunderstood the phrase.

Eli was baited into talking about Tiki.

Yeah, wonder who baited him, Tiki.

My wish is we get to the playoffs and play the Bucs so Eli can scorch Ronde...after Jacobs repeats what he did last season.

The Bucs are getting in, how?

I can't even get pissed at Ronde--he's just getting his brother's back.

He was a player--what exactly did he expect? He was paid millions of dollars to hold on to a ball and run as far as he could with it before being stopped or running out of field. That's it.

Yeah, wonder who baited him, Tiki.

The Bucs are getting in, how?

I can't even get pissed at Ronde--he's just getting his brother's back.

He was a player--what exactly did he expect? He was paid millions of dollars to hold on to a ball and run as far as he could with it before being stopped or running out of field. That's it.

Yeah, what kind of imput was he trying to give? Buisiness tips? Draft ideas? FA signings? Coach firings? If Tiki retired because they owners/gm wouldn't take his advice, he's got an even bigger ego than I thought.

Oh one more thing:

Ronde will get killed this year against the Colts as Peyton looks to take revenge for Tiki's comments about his brother.

Ronde asked (tongue-in-cheek) if one day Peyton, Eli, Ronde, and Tiki can "be friends."

Tiki said he "doesn't care" whether he and Eli can ever be friends.

Dude... not for nothing... but fuck this guy. Check the sig... I'm no Eli lover... but Tiki at this point is just an egomanic prick. Who was he besides a fumbler before Coughlin got here... the same guy he wants to throw under the bus. Fuck Tiki. I"m publicly burning my Barber jersey at the next game I attend.

Yeah, what kind of imput was he trying to give? Buisiness tips? Draft ideas? FA signings? Coach firings? If Tiki retired because they owners/gm wouldn't take his advice, he's got an even bigger ego than I thought.

Before I misquote Tiki, Im gonna try to find that interview.

So, you dont think a career Giant like Tiki should have any input on the team?? :huh:

Im sorry, but all this is hilarious to me. We all loved Tiki, now he tells it like it is and we hate him. :rolleyes:

Before I misquote Tiki, Im gonna try to find that interview.

So, you dont think a career Giant like Tiki should have any input on the team?? :huh:

Im sorry, but all this is hilarious to me. We all loved Tiki, now he tells it like it is and we hate him. :rolleyes:

He was paid millions of dollars to hold on to a ball and run as far as he could with it before being stopped or running out of field. That's it.

Does he have the right to talk to the coaches about what he thinks is going on on the field? Sure. Do the coaches have the right to disregard it? You bet.

The next step is not to take the argument to the press, as he did in 2006, and if you'll recall, 2005. That takes credibility away from you within the organization.

Holding on to the ball (which he wasn't very successful at for a good chunk of his career, by the way) and running as far as you can doesn't exactly prepare you for personnel decisions.

He was paid millions of dollars to hold on to a ball and run as far as he could with it before being stopped or running out of field. That's it.

Does he have the right to talk to the coaches about what he thinks is going on on the field? Sure. Do the coaches have the right to disregard it? You bet.

The next step is not to take the argument to the press, as he did in 2006, and if you'll recall, 2005. That takes credibility away from you within the organization.

Holding on to the ball (which he wasn't very successful at for a good chunk of his career, by the way) and running as far as you can doesn't exactly prepare you for personnel decisions.

Again, before I put words in Tiki's mouth, I will get clarification on exactly what he said. I cant remember word for word. I just know it was something he felt the Giants were doing for him. And he had nothing but kudos and respect for TC in that interview. He didnt necessarily say he loved him, but he was appreciative for what TC had taught him.

And he didnt take anything to the press. He became part of the press, and then answered honestly questions that came to him.