SportsWrath

Galvatron!

Sephiroth

You know... I've had a sinking feeling for the past few weeks that the parting shots of Tiki Barber at Coughlin might galvanize this team around Coughlin and Eli. Now that he's taking shots at Eli too, I'm starting to think that it might set that ball rolling faster.

It's finally coming out; the Giants locker room was tired of answering Tiki retirement questions in the second half of the season, and I can't blame them for that. I feel like there's a new attitude, a new sense of "shut up and play" coming from the Giants players this year. I feel like Eli is taking the next step as a leader of his team, and hopefully we'll have less childish antics and finger pointing then we've had in the past.

I've gotta admit, we might be better than I originally thought this year.

Now, on the other hand... what do we do about Strahan? I don't want to hear about his retirement shit all year if he decides to come back, and I never thought he was much of a team leader. But we'll really miss his production on the field (unless the unthinkable happens and Tuck stays healthy... I feel he'll be a good one if he plays a whole season). It'll be interesting to see what happens this upcoming week, where it's rumored he'll return to the Giants.

I agree wholeheartedly Seph. I love Strahan, but I am tired of all the me, me. shyt. And I loved E;li opening his mouth. You know the kid is a leader just look at what he did in Miss. So iwas delighted with his response to Tiki. I loved Tiki too but again he forgot what got him to where he is. Under Coughlin he learned to become a premiere running back. IMMHO

I'm inclined to give Strahan a pass. He was going through some a lot of personal crap. Anyone who's been there can tell you it's not a pleasant time. I'm confident if he comes back, he'll move back into the leadership role and be the force he's always been.

I think it goes without saying how extremely dissapointed I am of Tiki and Micheal Strahan. I'm mean, was Tiki even part of this team last year?

How can you say that Nem? If he wasnt, and he produced like he did, he's better than we thought. Be dissapointed in Mike, he's going about it the wrong way. For Tiki, this wasnt a surprise to most, esp. his teammates. And at least he gave us fair warning and then played his butt off in that final yr.