SportsWrath

Stay home Strahan

Lubeck

Gary Myers column in the Daily News today talks about how back in March and April Strahan had his agent shop him around the league to teams he felt were Super Bowl capable. Without informing the team.

Best part is Strahan isn't exactly a hot commodity. The league thinks he is broken down and done...stick a fork in him.

This kind of selfishness, shopping yourself around without informing your team and then pulling the retirement crap at the start of the camp to try and blackmail the team into paying more....stay home Strahan and don't come back. Your sour attitude can only do bad things to this team.

....stay home Strahan and don't come back. Your sour attitude can only do bad things to this team.

#92 has been badly advised and has been foolish .....but i still want him back playing for the Giants in 07 ....and i believe that he will turn up at camp next week

Lube & UK, I have been a fan for over 50 years and i am so tired of these primadonnas like Strahan who put themselves above the team. I she a HOFamer? Yes but he's also seen his best days. While I have been a huge MS fan I believe his divorce and alkl the baggage have done something to unhinge his mind.

If he comes back he owes all of us, fans, teammates and the Giant coaches a huge apology. IMHO

If he comes back he owes all of us, fans, teammates and the Giant coaches a huge apology. IMHO

Unless his pride gets in the way of common sense i think that Strahan will turn up at camp next week.

His other options all involve less money and uncertainty .

He has been very badly advised and made an error of judgement ...but it's not too late for him to pull on the jersey and play Giants football in 07

So he went around and tried to see what he was worth...I dont think he was too happy with what he found out.

I dont really care about all that crap, I would just like to see him on the field for the Gmen. Maybe they actually do split his time this year and try to keep him healthy.

Another season ending injury and he will be able to find out his market value, because I think the Giants will cut his ass.

Tiki all of a sudden doesnt look so bad.

Fuck you Mike, get your ass in training camp.

MIKE WANTS A RING

MIKE NEEDS A NEW TEAM

MIKE IS TIRED OF MEDIOCRE

MIKE NEEDS A NEW TEAM

MIKE SEES THE WRITING ON THE WALL

WHEN WILL YOU?

MIKE WANTS A RING

MIKE NEEDS A NEW TEAM

MIKE NEEDS A NEW TEAM

WHEN WILL YOU?

Hey Egg? Tell us what team should sign Mike. Please don't say the Cowboys....get serious and discuss FOOTBALL with an adult point of view, ok?

Hey Egg? Tell us what team should sign Mike. Please don't say the Cowboys....get serious and discuss FOOTBALL with an adult point of view, ok?

With actually doing some work, which I am not going to do at this hour, I don't know who should specifically sign Mike. Anyone who needs depth at DE or possibly a situational pass rushing DE I suppose. I don't know what Denver specifically did in the offseason, but that is a team that will be competitive and that has had shaky D-lines in recent years.

But what I do know is that if Mike wants a ring, he needs to get out of NY. And fast. As in yesterday...

With actually doing some work, which I am not going to do at this hour, I don't know who should specifically sign Mike. Anyone who needs depth at DE or possibly a situational pass rushing DE I suppose. I don't know what Denver specifically did in the offseason, but that is a team that will be competitive and that has had shaky D-lines in recent years.

But what I do know is that if Mike wants a ring, he needs to get out of NY. And fast. As in yesterday...

Now see isn't that like 12% better that just typing in BIG ASS LETTERS:

MIKE NEEDS A NEW TEAM

MIKE NEEDS A NEW TEAM

WHEN WILL YOU?

Now going to an AFC team (Strahan) and figuring Mike has 2 good years left....you figure Denver is that team? 2 years with San Diego, Indy, New England and possibly the Bengals all vying for titles? And how would Stray be a 'situational' pass rusher? He was a starter in NYC. Simeon Rice is a situational pass rusher IMO of course.

MIKE WANTS A RING

MIKE NEEDS A NEW TEAM

MIKE NEEDS A NEW TEAM

WHEN WILL YOU?

Mediocre? Depends on what you consider mediocre. Winning a division 2 years ago and making the playoffs with half the team injured last year migth be considered mediocre, but if so, what does that say about the 'Boys?

Mediocre? Depends on what you consider mediocre. Winning a division 2 years ago and making the playoffs with half the team injured last year migth be considered mediocre, but if so, what does that say about the 'Boys?

What are you trying to say, VG? That having a full, healthy team with a division lead while their two main rivals both have a ton of players down, and still having to back in as a wild card is mediocre?

I think it's time to shoot Strahan, kill him dead.

How dare he have his agent shop his services around the league, what other player does tha.......oh wait, they all do!!!. THAT'S WHAT AGENTS DO!!, get the best deal for their client.

14 years with the same team counts for nothing. A few years ago, everyone was kissing his ass because he was the only thing worth watching going for the sack record, Strahan plays hard every fucking game, every one!. You see the same games as i do, this guy gets double teamed, held and in some cases offensive game plans were tailored with his pass rushing in mind. When Strahan came into the league, his rush defence was poor, now he's one of the better ends at playing the run. Last year, at 34, Strahan actually came into the league in the best shape in years. How many players have come in after him and left before him.

Sure he's a bit of a flake, sure he flaps his gums too much, and sure he came off as a bit of a fuck up during his divorce. i said it a few weeks back, Strahan is out of touch with reality, even some of the shit he said during the trial showed this. But once again, in a professional athlete universe, this is the norm. There are very few true stand up guys in sports. That's why people need to realize this and stop looking to throw guys off teams for poor personality traits and worry more about their performances off the field. Otherwise, you'd be looking at 4 to 5 guys on the sidelines each week. Sports is not something you should be looking for morals, you won't find it there, treat it for what it is, you follow a team period.

Another thing I don't get is, "he's unable to stay healthy each season". Please someone tell me how you deliberately go out and injure yourself?. I don't get that. He was playing football each time he got hurt.

There's a possibility here that maybe, just maybe, he's seriously thinking about retirement. Maybe he has another motive, too much attention is being placed on what others have said, we didn't hear from him yet. Maybe we should give him a chance to explain. I just don't get the "fuck him" attitude that goes on here.

How dare he have his agent shop his services around the league, what other player does tha.......oh wait, they all do!!!. THAT'S WHAT AGENTS DO!!, get the best deal for their client.

Yeah we know "THAT'S WHAT AGENTS DO!!" they also don't do it

while their client is still under contract.

Yeah we know "THAT'S WHAT AGENTS DO!!" they also don't do it

while their client is still under contract.

You're kidding right?

You think they all wait until contracts run out to conduct business right?. Come on.

Yes it's illegal, but it happens.