SportsWrath

Yankees will win AL East

Interesting point. I guess it's fair to say that Bernie Williams was better than Ken Griffey Jr., using that logic. :confused: NEXT,... ?

No, the logic i would use in this case, is that Bernie wasnt injured every other game. And was a HUGE part in winning those 4 WS rings. Sure Griffey put up great #'s in the few times he's played, but it never amounted to anything.

And yes, expect obe from me. If you think Reyes is better than Jeter, youre smokin crack.

No, the logic i would use in this case, is that Bernie wasnt injured every other game. And was a HUGE part in winning those 4 WS rings. Sure Griffey put up great #'s in the few times he's played, but it never amounted to anything.

And yes, expect obe from me. If you think Reyes is better than Jeter, youre smokin crack.

As a hitter? Or as a shortstop? Jeter is a better hitter, which is expected since he's the seasoned veteran in an All Star lineup. If you think Jeter plays shortstop better than Reyes, then it is you who is on the stem my friend.

By saying Griffey's career never amounted to anything, I question whether you aren't really smoking crack. The guy is a Hall Of Fame lock, that's something, isn't it? Bernie won 4 rings, and was a major part of them all, but that's not the question. Was he a better INDIVIDUAL player than Griffey? Most people, even Yankee fans, would not even consider saying yes, even though he's won 4 rings. Why is that point only relevant (to Yankee fans) when comparing Reyes and Jeter? Is it because it's the only thing that stands out in Jeter's favor? It's a TEAM accomplishment.

Again, why is this a conversation? Jeter is a MUCH better all around offensive player and I'm sorry, but a few fielding stats in favor of Reyes is not going to make me believe that Reyes is a better defender. The only ones saying Reyes is a better SS are Met fans. Oh, and one Wet Sox fan. :rolleyes:

A few Gold gloves in Jeters favor only strengthens my view point.

Again, why is this a conversation? Jeter is a MUCH better all around offensive player and I'm sorry, but a few fielding stats in favor of Reyes is not going to make me believe that Reyes is a better defender. The only ones saying Reyes is a better SS are Met fans. Oh, and one Wet Sox fan. :rolleyes:

A few Gold gloves in Jeters favor only strengthens my view point.

So? The only ones saying Jeter is better are Yankee fans. What's your point?

Jeter is not a better offensive player. He strikes out more than Reyes, walks less, doesn't steal bases, doesn't hit triples, can't bunt for hits, and doesn't command the attention Reyes does when he's on base. He hits in front of some of the best hitters in the game today, while Reyes sets the table for what was a revolving door in the 2 spot, a 2005 version of Beltran (now out with another "injury"), and a post wrist surgery Carlos Delgado. Better hitter, ok, better all around offensive player, no.

Defensively, I don't even think it's close right now. Don't put too much stock in Gold Gloves. Rafael Palmeiro once won one after playing just 28 games at first base. :confused:

I really like Reyes. I hope he becomes a great player like DJ and win all those Championships. But to say Reyes is a better player than Jeter is simply naive at best stupid at worst. Jeter has an uncanny ability to make plays that Reyes only dreams about maiking. Is Reyes fun to watch? Absolutely, but he is in the majors 3-4 years and you are trying to compare him to a future HOFamer?

Does anyone make that jump, spin move to first from deep in the hole any better than Jeter? Is anyone more clutch than he has been? Let Reyes stay healthy and play another 6-10 years and then we can compare them. For now just enjoy the fact that NY has 2 exceptional shortstops.

reyes 5 seasons 41 HR, 230 RBI, BA .289 Fielding avg 11.7 errors per season

Jeter - 13 seasons 191 HR, 912 RBI, .317 career BA He averaged a little more than 13 errors per season.

The only area that young Reyes has Jeter beat is stolen bases.

So before we compare them let's see Reyes win 4 World Championships and be MVP of the All Star Game and the World Series

Let Reyes stay healthy and play another 6-10 years and then we can compare them. For now just enjoy the fact that NY has 2 exceptional shortstops.

reyes 5 seasons 41 HR, 230 RBI, BA .289 Fielding avg 11.7 errors per season

Jeter - 13 seasons 191 HR, 912 RBI, .317 career BA He averaged a little more than 13 errors per season.

The only area that young Reyes has Jeter beat is stolen bases.

So before we compare them let's see Reyes win 4 World Championships and be MVP of the All Star Game and the World Series

Umm, :confused: .

I really like Reyes. I hope he becomes a great player like DJ and win all those Championships. But to say Reyes is a better player than Jeter is simply naive at best stupid at worst. Jeter has an uncanny ability to make plays that Reyes only dreams about maiking. Is Reyes fun to watch? Absolutely, but he is in the majors 3-4 years and you are trying to compare him to a future HOFamer?

Does anyone make that jump, spin move to first from deep in the hole any better than Jeter? Is anyone more clutch than he has been? Let Reyes stay healthy and play another 6-10 years and then we can compare them. For now just enjoy the fact that NY has 2 exceptional shortstops.

So Jeter has a signature move, but Reyes could probably get to those balls and still have enough time to stop and throw from the ground.

Does Jeter have the arm Reyes has? No.

Does he have his speed? No.

More power? No.

Range at SS? No.

He's a better hitter, but what has he really done in recent years to earn the reputation of being clutch? Bernie Williams should have had the nickmane "Captain Clutch". Jeter is the media darling though.

What Jeter has over Reyes is steadiness and experience. I would say leadership, but he's not much of a leader. He's a diplomat who never says what he feels and sticks to playing it safe, always. You can say he leads by example on the field, I guess, but so do most major leaguers. Those qualities, Jeter has, and perhaps Reyes will attain them over time, but as far as physical ability as a baseball player, Reyes has him beat.

And once again, is it really fair to compare Reyes and Jeter based on how many rings each have? Has anyone noticed that this only comes up when comparing these two players? Why?

With this logic, Tino Martinez was better than Mattingly.

Bernie Williams was better than Griffey Jr.

Paul O'Neill was better than Vlad Guerrero... or maybe they all just worked together to form a GREAT TEAM.

I'm sorry how can this even be an argument? Jeter career wise hits nearly 30 points better than Reyes. Is someone kidding me? Other than speed and yes Reyes is faster, they both play great defensive shortstop IMO but like I said earlier Jeter has made some plays that are on the all time best play list. Let's see where Reyes is in another 5 years and then you can compare them.

I'm sorry how can this even be an argument? Jeter career wise hits nearly 30 points better than Reyes. Is someone kidding me? Other than speed and yes Reyes is faster, they both play great defensive shortstop IMO but like I said earlier Jeter has made some plays that are on the all time best play list. Let's see where Reyes is in another 5 years and then you can compare them.

I'm not comparing careers, I'm comparing present day players. Jeter's defense has been less than average this season.

Right now, Hanley Ramirez is better than both of them. At least offensively.

I'm not comparing careers, I'm comparing present day players. Jeter's defense has been less than average this season.

Right now, Hanley Ramirez is better than both of them. At least offensively.

Sorry who is he?

Jeter is batting over .330 for the year and won another game tonight. Clutch player come to mind?

Sorry who is he?

Jeter is batting over .330 for the year and won another game tonight. Clutch player come to mind?

You claim to be a baseball fan and you DON'T know who Hanley Ramirez is?

Guy is one of the best shortstops in the National League and it's only his 2nd full

year.

Oh and he is hitting .341 for a pisspoor Marlins team.

Sorry who is he?

Only that kid from that shitty marlins team that is batting title and possibly MVP bound...

You really have no grounds for arguing between teams and baseball in general if you don't know who he is, because that means you probably only concentrate on those beloved men in pinstripes.