SportsWrath

The Difference between

"It's the All-Star Game. He can do what he wants," Pujols said Tuesday night. "He does whatever he wants. If I wasn't expecting to play, I wouldn't have come up here."

Pujols article

"I was just happy to be here," Young said. "Obviously, I would have loved to play, but you've got to save someone for the end."

Young article

Class vs ass?

However i do agree with the point Pujols is trying to make.

why shouldn't pujols be angry? his own manager dissed him for orlando hudson and aaron rowand. anyone who likes baseball and didn't have a vested interest in the AL winning (aka, their team being in contention in the AL) should have been annoyed at that move. he just took away possibly one of the best moments in all-star game history. bases loaded, 2 outs, bottom 9, down 1 and the best hitter in the NL on the bench. unreal

why shouldn't pujols be angry? his own manager dissed him for orlando hudson and aaron rowand. anyone who likes baseball and didn't have a vested interest in the AL winning (aka, their team being in contention in the AL) should have been annoyed at that move. he just took away possibly one of the best moments in all-star game history. bases loaded, 2 outs, bottom 9, down 1 and the best hitter in the NL on the bench. unreal

I did say i agreed with him. <_< and why do I think that al contender comment was pointed at me? :P

I'm sure you, like me, are even more annoyed since we both have vested interests in the NL winning.

I don't get it. La Russa talks to the team before the game about how important it is for the NL to make a statement, then he leaves the NL's best hitter on the bench in the biggest moment with a chance to win it. :confused:

I did say i agreed with him. <_< and why do I think that al contender comment was pointed at me? :P

yeah i know you agree, how could you not. pujols has every right to complain. and the cards are only 7.5 out and like i said up top i think milwaukee will fade, he should be managing that game as if he's trying to help himself out in the world series.

yeah i know you agree, how could you not. pujols has every right to complain. and the cards are only 7.5 out and like i said up top i think milwaukee will fade, he should be managing that game as if he's trying to help himself out in the world series.

The Brewers have already started to fade hav'nt they?

I'm sure you, like me, are even more annoyed since we both have vested interests in the NL winning.

I don't get it. La Russa talks to the team before the game about how important it is for the NL to make a statement, then he leaves the NL's best hitter on the bench in the biggest moment with a chance to win it. :confused:

Pujols was already dressed in the locker room.

I know, i don't get it.

Ichiro's picked it up...which means that it's time for Michael Young to look at his divisional opponent and start smashing the ball. Haven't really watched too many of his ABs this season but MLB Extra Innings on cable is free now until the 18th so I'm gonna try to catch all my fantasy players. Hey, as nerdy as it is, it's nice to know your guys and it's nice to get a grasp on how and why they're performing well/struggling.

Watching the Mets game for Beltran's AB and this guy suggested raising the mounds for offensive purposes...acks.

I just picked up Troy Tulowitzski to have as insurance to a severly slumping JJ Hardy, I suggest you do the same for Young(if he is still available in your league)

He's still 169 in Yahoo but that's because of this damn slump he's in. He's too good a hitter to not pick it up.

So far I've missed out on some of the better pickups because I questioned how good they really were (Pence, Hart) but managed to snag Ryan Braun, who is SO good right now, Lincecum, and Gallardo.

Ichiro's picked it up...which means that it's time for Michael Young to look at his divisional opponent and start smashing the ball. Haven't really watched too many of his ABs this season but MLB Extra Innings on cable is free now until the 18th so I'm gonna try to catch all my fantasy players. Hey, as nerdy as it is, it's nice to know your guys and it's nice to get a grasp on how and why they're performing well/struggling.

Watching the Mets game for Beltran's AB and this guy suggested raising the mounds for offensive purposes...acks.

It's really the whole team though, prior to all the injuries the entire team flat out sucked, only now have they started to pick it up and it looks like Young is gonna be the last to fully break out of his funk. I mean he's hitting near 300, but they're all fucking singles, like you said later, he's too good not to find his groove. Maybe when Hank gets back and starts hitting well he'll get there. One thing is for sure, with everyone hurt we got a good look at some of our younger players, that should pay off next season.

It's really the whole team though, prior to all the injuries the entire team flat out sucked, only now have they started to pick it up and it looks like Young is gonna be the last to fully break out of his funk. I mean he's hitting near 300, but they're all fucking singles, like you said later, he's too good not to find his groove. Maybe when Hank gets back and starts hitting well he'll get there. One thing is for sure, with everyone hurt we got a good look at some of our younger players, that should pay off next season.

Well, Michael Young's problem is that he's hitting groundballs in over half his at bats.

And AdmiralAwesome, bravo. I keep on forgetting that the year is only half over so that leaves plenty of time for improvement from everybody...and hopefully a regression to the mean for the non-Sox players on the teams leading my league.