SportsWrath

BE HONEST WITH YOURSELVES GIANTS FANS

BadEgg

So, if it was Manning's inconsistency that caused such a high losing percentage, it would stand to reason that the winning percentage would be much higher under a vet like Collins, right?

Well, not including that game, the regular season saw 5 games over 20 points, with the Giants winning only 3; again approaching .500.

This is getting really freaky, by the way...

Elway lined up once under guard--still want to talk intangibles? :P

The problem with Manning taking the lead would have been that he would have had to take it from Tiki, and there was no way that ego would have allowed that the transition to happen without an even larger circus going on in the press; no matter how much he claimed otherwise.

Shockey is that mildly retarded guy you find in every workplace: a good worker, but you don't listen to him without taking into consideration that he's, well, mildly retarded.

And that whole "Archie did the talking" argument is kind of tired. What was said to the Chargers was said behind closed doors: it was Smith, not Manning, that made the decision to release it. Very cheezy move, actually, and a strong-arm tactic that has caused a lot of damage to Manning's career. Considering the disregard Smith has shown in subsequent dealings with employees (Schottenheimer, Brees), I'd say that's more of a reflection on him than Manning. But that's just my opinion.

Lining up behind the guard has little to do with leadership, albeit a funny situation. The Dog isn't saying he has to take the lead, the Dog is saying he has to be a confident leader...he has yet to prove it...and whether it was the Chargers who released that information or not, the fact remains that his daddy sat at the table and stated that he would not play for them...that is the crux of the childish approach that was taken...if things don't improve in Giant land in the next year or two, how will you as a fan feel if Eli's daddy states that Eli wants out of NY?

I can honestly see that happening... :LMAO:

Lining up behind the guard has little to do with leadership, albeit a funny situation.

I know...but I couldn't pass that up. :LMAO: I wish I could have found the video clip.

The Dog isn't saying he has to take the lead, the Dog is saying he has to be a confident leader...he has yet to prove it...and whether it was the Chargers who released that information or not, the fact remains that his daddy sat at the table and stated that he would not play for them...that is the crux of the childish approach that was taken...if things don't improve in Giant land in the next year or two, how will you as a fan feel if Eli's daddy states that Eli wants out of NY?

Again, I think the problem with the team on the whole is that there are so many "confident leaders" already.

I can honestly see that happening... :LMAO:

I can't see that happening at all. First of all, I haven't seen Manning complain at all about the unfair scrutiny he's gotten--I wonder how well we'd stack up to that kind of pressure.

But even if he did complain, how stupid would Eli and Archie have to be to create a second publicity fiasco by doing the exact same thing? Eli would be better off retiring.

Oh, I somehow forgot to mention during my long-winded posts: There has also been an incredible amount of times, particularly during this past season, where the defense has been it's own worst enemy. The amount of times they allowed a drive to continue after putting the opponent into 3rd and long situations boggled the mind.

As long as Eli keeps throwing more touchdowns than interceptions I'll be fine with him. I just don't want to be a throw first kinda team. We need to be like the Chiefs were. Keep pounding the ball in with LJ and Holmes. We have that oppertunity now with Jacobs and Ruben. We already know Eli can with it for us in the 4th quarter so as long as we play clean football with no penalties or turnovers then we should be a compitant team, that will make the playoffs, and should be somewhat of a contender... I'm not saying we're going to win the division or the Super Bowl, but if someone or anyone doesn't think it's a possibilty we can win a SB with the star power we have, and being that we're in the NFC, a conferance that only had 2 "good" teams last year (Chicago/N.O. Saints) than someone is smoking crack... the NFC East is up in the air... the only team I don't see doing good in the East are the Redskins and that's because thier QB and O-Line situation still stinks, but you never know just like I already stated. When you have Portis, Betts, Moss, and Cooley on offense anything can happen. We will be neck to neck with anyone in that division, quote me on that. So Bad Egg will you still post on this MB when the whole T.O. shit starts happening, or when Romo has another 3 interceptions by us? Will you be here if we shut you guys out??? The answer is no, and everyone on this MB knows that... but you'll be here if that happens to us.. just a hunch :rolleyes:

As long as Eli keeps throwing more touchdowns than interceptions I'll be fine with him. I just don't want to be a throw first kinda team. We need to be like the Chiefs were. Keep pounding the ball in with LJ and Holmes. We have that oppertunity now with Jacobs and Ruben. We already know Eli can with it for us in the 4th quarter so as long as we play clean football with no penalties or turnovers then we should be a compitant team, that will make the playoffs, and should be somewhat of a contender... I'm not saying we're going to win the division or the Super Bowl, but if someone or anyone doesn't think it's a possibilty we can win a SB with the star power we have, and being that we're in the NFC, a conferance that only had 2 "good" teams last year (Chicago/N.O. Saints) than someone is smoking crack... the NFC East is up in the air... the only team I don't see doing good in the East are the Redskins and that's because thier QB and O-Line situation still stinks, but you never know just like I already stated. When you have Portis, Betts, Moss, and Cooley on offense anything can happen. We will be neck to neck with anyone in that division, quote me on that. So Bad Egg will you still post on this MB when the whole T.O. shit starts happening, or when Romo has another 3 interceptions by us? Will you be here if we shut you guys out??? The answer is no, and everyone on this MB knows that... but you'll be here if that happens to us.. just a hunch :rolleyes:

Eggy in a nutshell.

Actually, the opposite is true. This board keeps my attention during the preseason, or as I like to call it, the time of unrealistic expectations and dreams in Giant land. This board also keeps my interest when the Giants win, because we all know that the bottom will drop out at any moment...

However, when the bottom finally does drop out, and this board is filled with dejection and littered with bickering between Giants fans, I usually disappear. Afterall, there is nothing worse than analyzing bad football...

Actually, the opposite is true. This board keeps my attention during the preseason, or as I like to call it, the time of unrealistic expectations and dreams in Giant land. This board also keeps my interest when the Giants win, because we all know that the bottom will drop out at any moment...

However, when the bottom finally does drop out, and this board is filled with dejection and littered with bickering between Giants fans, I usually disappear. Afterall, there is nothing worse than analyzing bad football...

...because we all know how stellar the Cowgirlz have been of late. :rolleyes:

the man speaks from experience.

is that why you post here and not the cowboys board?

If you haven't noticed though, bro the bottom has fallen out on all the NFC East teams in recent years, and the last 2 NFC East teams to even make it to the Super Bowl was the Giants and Eagles... even though both had lost, there has been really no team in the NFC East doing anything not. The bottom fell out with Tony Homo dropping a snap then What happens on the Cowboys message board?

when the bottom finally does drop out, and "the Cowboys" board is filled with dejection and littered with bickering between "Cow-girl" fans, I usually disappear. Afterall, there is nothing worse than analyzing bad football...

Just like all the other teams except 1 each year... think about that :rolleyes:

If you haven't noticed though, bro the bottom has fallen out on all the NFC East teams in recent years, and the last 2 NFC East teams to even make it to the Super Bowl was the Giants and Eagles... even though both had lost, there has been really no team in the NFC East doing anything not. The bottom fell out with Tony Homo dropping a snap then What happens on the Cowboys message board?

Just like all the other teams except 1 each year... think about that :rolleyes:

I cant wait to see what one of these dipshitz is gonna say.