SportsWrath

Gibril Wilson signed for one more year

boohyah

A few months ago I did a little research on how Gilbride did as a HC and OC. Here's his last eight years:

Bang-up job he did. :TD: Hate to break it to everyone, but our "O" is gonna suck this year. Spags will win us a few, but look for our offense to finish in the bottom third of the league.

With the talent we have, I think your wrong. I think we'll learn from the mistakes we made last year and will be a top 10 offense.

With the talent we have, I think your wrong. I think we'll learn from the mistakes we made last year and will be a top 10 offense.

With Gilbride? I highly doubt it. And if we crack the top 10, that's because Gilbride kept us from making the top 3.

With Gilbride? I highly doubt it. And if we crack the top 10, that's because Gilbride kept us from making the top 3.

This guy hs yet to run the offense for one game in 2007, and your all ready to hang him. Disgracefull. <_<

SDMF, the guy has been an NFL offensive coordinator for over a decade, and he's got a track record of sucking. I appreciate your optimism, but if this coaching staff could "learn from it's mistakes" we wouldn't have been running the same pass-happy bullshit and no-blitz defense for 16 games last season.

And get this: Gilbride is well known for having his QBs hit a mid-season slump. Sound familiar?

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but I have NO confidence in this ass-clown. The reason why he was "picked" to be OC is because no one else wanted the job, plain and simple. No OC wants to come and work for Coughlin, and everyone around the league knows that he's a lame-duck coach... why blow your career on a guy who's tough to work with and is likely out (along with you) at the end of the year?

We maybe could have gone the Spags route and signed a position coordinator, but we're stuck with Gilbride.

gilbride has never has success in this league. I have no idea how he keeps getting jobs...let alone promotions. He's awful

Seems like the entire defense had a problem with Tim Lewis........Lets take this time to thank Ernie Accorsi for letting John Fox walk. I dont know why he didnt tell him to stick around another year and that he was next. Instead he lets him walk and then his new team goes to the superbowl 2 years later, then EA hired Tom Coughlin and then Fox's team walks over our team in the playoffs 4 years later.

EA was not a good GM

Didn't Tim Lewis end up in Carolina as the Linebackers coach...........................Under John Fox. I really like Fox also. He is one hell of a D-Coordinator, but that Panthers team is just as inconsistent as we have been over the last few years. Fox's taste in position coaches seems to be very questionable also. Johnny Lynn? Tim Lewis? I'm sure there are many more.

gilbride has never has success in this league. I have no idea how he keeps getting jobs...let alone promotions. He's awful

Seems like the entire defense had a problem with Tim Lewis........Lets take this time to thank Ernie Accorsi for letting John Fox walk. I dont know why he didnt tell him to stick around another year and that he was next. Instead he lets him walk and then his new team goes to the superbowl 2 years later, then EA hired Tom Coughlin and then Fox's team walks over our team in the playoffs 4 years later.

EA was not a good GM

Accorsi didn't let Fox walk, nor would extending his contract have accomplished anything. By rule, any coach can void his current contract to take a promotion with another team. Fox was under contract here as DC, but the Panthers offered him the head coaching job. There was nothing Accorsi could have done to prevent Fox from taking that job, unless he hired Fox to be the head coach here.

I do share you overall view of Accorsi's tenure...

Didn't Tim Lewis end up in Carolina as the Linebackers coach...........................Under John Fox. I really like Fox also. He is one hell of a D-Coordinator, but that Panthers team is just as inconsistent as we have been over the last few years. Fox's taste in position coaches seems to be very questionable also. Johnny Lynn? Tim Lewis? I'm sure there are many more.

Lewis is the Panthers secondary coach.

Lynn is currently the secondary coach for the Ravens. He actually has a good reputation in that role...

SDMF, the guy has been an NFL offensive coordinator for over a decade, and he's got a track record of sucking. I appreciate your optimism, but if this coaching staff could "learn from it's mistakes" we wouldn't have been running the same pass-happy bullshit and no-blitz defense for 16 games last season.

To be fair, the so-called "no-blitz" defense was our best bet down the stetch. It's difficult to be aggressive when your corners are injured/struggling and your LBs simply aren't explosive blitzers.

And get this: Gilbride is well known for having his QBs hit a mid-season slump. Sound familiar?

You have any evidence to prove that? I don't belive that's true.

I wish they were. He cares about winning. Mara and Tisch, since the stadium is totally sold out for the next 25 years, don't care about the team or the fans. Their sole concern is their bank accounts. How long would Toxic Tom have been retained if Mr. Steinbrenner were the owner of the Giants? IMO, about how long it takes to fart. :LMAO:

Don't care about the fans? Sole concern is their bank accounts?

Wow, I'll try to be as nice about this as possible, but those are incredibly ignorant comments.