SportsWrath

OPENING NIGHT Game Discussion Thread

Blue Jeans

He'll get a couple of games a week.

I'm happy with Alou and Green so far.

But it's only been 2 ABs

I like the way they are both playing tonight. Green just does not have any power any more. Alou will be fine this year if he stays healthy. I will take 2 hits from Green though.

How does it feel to start the Major League Baseball season with a solid victory, hope for the rotation, the expected potent offense, and amazing defense to boot? It may not have been the best played game in the world, at least from the Cardinal's perspective (silly So), but it's the beginning of a new season. As a Mets supporter, I have to thank you guys for helping me start the season on a high note.

Good start last night fellas. Some great defense. The camera angle on that Beltran throw was awesome.

do you live by shea?

im thrilled opening night is tonight. Either I would miss it tomorrow because it was during school or during our passover seder.

We live about an hour and a half north west of Shea. Not bad for a Sunday drive. We get to the stadium about 11 or 11:30 and do some tail gating. It's a good time. Can't wait for the 15th.

This team gets me nervous. So far great defense and good pitching. Milledge should be starting in right tomorrow.

I'm not so fast to pull Green yet. Maybe the next series opener Milledge gets in, but I don't think it's going to be today.