SportsWrath

TRADE IS OFF

smugiant2008

Wilson failed the physical... trade is dead

Giants Letdown: Wilson Deal Falls Apart

By Dan Benton | March 23rd, 2007

Print | E-mail

Unreal! Al Wilson will not be coming to New York according to Mike Garafolo and Arthur Staple.

Although no specific details were given, it appears that the Al Wilson to New York deal has fallen through at the very last second. All that stood in the way of it becoming official was the passing of a physical. I can only assume that didn’t happen and now it’s “all over.”

That never stopped us signing Lavar, who had a history of injuries before he signed him and lo and behold...........

I think there's more to this, maybe he was seen eating at Wendys with Pac Man Jones.........who knows???

Print | E-mail

Unreal! Al Wilson will not be coming to New York according to Mike Garafolo and Arthur Staple.

Although no specific details were given, it appears that the Al Wilson to New York deal has fallen through at the very last second. All that stood in the way of it becoming official was the passing of a physical. I can only assume that didn't happen and now it's "all over."

WOW that was close we almost got screwed with damaged goods one wrong hit and he could of been leaving the field for a wheel chair while shanny would be smiling with tuck still on the field .

When has that EVER happened?

I am saying if the trade went down and wilson got seriously hurt (because his neck is in question) Shanny would still have tuck and would have ended up the better end of the bargin .

We could not afford to get a guy that is damaged goods and if he is hurt and the Broncos wanted to deal him because of this kudos to the medical staff for making the right call. It will be interesting to see how this plays out and if some other team deals for him and what the parameters are of that potential deal. Lets say someone gets him for a 5th round pick, well then you know they are trading for damaged goods and hope he can stay healthy. If he fails to get traded, well then we all know the Broncos tried to pull a fast one.

You just never know, it could end up like when Jeremiah Trotter failed a physical here before he went back to the Eagles or it could be that he was another LaVar in the making. Either way too risky.

Print | E-mail

Although no specific details were given, it appears that the Al Wilson to New York deal has fallen through at the very last second. All that stood in the way of it becoming official was the passing of a physical. I can only assume that didn't happen and now it's "all over."

Not so fast

ny-giants.jpg

On Again, Off Again: Giants May Still Acquire Al Wilson

Posted Mar 24th 2007 8:14AM by Dan Benton

Filed under: Broncos, NY Giants, NFC East, Denver, New York

al-wilson-239.jpgI really hate to beat a dead horse but apparently it's still breathing. According to various Denver reports, the trade involving Al Wilson going to the Giants is not yet "officially dead." In fact, up to three reports indicate things, despite hitting a snag, are still moving along.

The first report came via FOX 31 in Colorado and it indicated that Al Wilson denied the trade was "dead." After doing a little digging I found a Broncos Insider blog that also claimed the deal wasn't dead. The author stated that she had talked to Wilson and he denied that his neck was part of the issue. Apparently he confirmed the earlier FOX 31 report and stated again that the deal was not dead.

I went ahead and found a third publication, this time by the Denver Post, that reiterated the previous two reports and included an interesting comment from Wilson's agent.

"Everything's fluid right now," said Peter Schaffer, Wilson's Denver-based agent. "We're trying to move forward."

Despite all the New York reports, it does in fact appear like this trade still has a heartbeat. Whether or not it will get done remains to be seen but at this moment, it's still alive. What would an offseason be for Giants fans if it didn't have this much drama?

Now I feel if the Giants say its a no deal because of his neck ,His Agent must be trying to shop his Client around hoping the rumors of the Giants still wanting him will help him to land a job. using the Giants as leverage even if the Giants are not interested . he must be trying to get a deal done before everyone catches on . Everything is "FLUID" ?...yeah right fluid flows down hill and stops at the lowest posible point.

I am saying if the trade went down and wilson got seriously hurt (because his neck is in question) Shanny would still have tuck and would have ended up the better end of the bargin .

I know; what I'm saying is that Tuck is as injury prone as any player we have on this team. He's never finished a full season yet and he was injured in college. Tuck will be out of Denver's hypothetical lineup by week 6.