SportsWrath

I love rumors...

so-cal dub

DETROIT TO PULL A DOUBLE TRADE DOWN?

There's a theory making the rounds in league circles that the Detroit Lions could pull off a rare move from the No. 2 overall spot in the draft.

First, there's a belief that the Lions eventually will trade the pick to the Browns, flip-flopping with Cleveland the No. 2 and No. 3 selections. The Browns would use the No. 2 pick to snare Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.

Second, the Lions would hold an auction at No. 3 for the rights to receiver Calvin Johnson. The Giants Michael Strahan and the 20 pick has been rumored here. Other potential candidates include the Bucs at No. 4, the Redskins at No. 6, the Vikings at No. 7, and the Falcons at No. 8.

In theory, the Lions could use interest from a team like the Falcons to leverage an even better deal out of the Bucs, and then the Lions could draft left tackle Joe Thomas from the No. 4 spot. Or the already fast Lion D Line would get a sack master in Strahan.

I doubt the a 34 yo player no matter how good would net us Calvin Johnson but stranger things have happened. personally to get the possibly the best Wide-out to come out since Randy Moss it'd be worth it.

And the Giants are probably dead set on getting a guy to build a legacy with Eli. Plax is good but no where near the guys that some other memorable Qb to WR combos....Aikman to Irvin, montana to rice, Peyton to Harrison etc. etc.

:LMAO:

Me too. Wouldn't think twice about it.

Nope, you figure you trade up to the third slot, draft Calvin Johnson, trade Plax to say a Tennessee or a team that needs a wide out

desperately, get a 3rd round pick and call it a hell of draft.

If Reese pulled this off, GM for life.

Strahan doesn't have that many more years in him left.

no, i would not do this. too high a price to pay. besides 1st round WR's are doomed when they come to the giants.

Plax is good but no where near the guys that some other memorable Qb to WR combos....Aikman to Irvin, montana to rice, Peyton to Harrison etc. etc

thing here is you have to have the memorable qb first.

thing here is you have to have the memorable qb first.

Memorable qbs tend to have receivers who run their routes and give it their all even when they are not the primary receiver.

Plax cannot continue to be the #1 option when he consistently dogs it on plays he thinks he isn't getting the ball. He needs to realize that if he runs his routes he will be where Eli is expecting him to be and he just might get the ball more often.

Don't get me wrong Eli has not shown anything more than brief moments of greatness, and the only consistency he has displayed is his complete lack of consistency, but you cannot lay the blame entirely on his shoulders. Remember, he was putting up pretty good numbers early in the season when he had a solid LT protecting his blind-spot, and when he had a reliable receiver with good hands who gave 100% on every play, but when Luke and Amani went down his numbers tailed off. And also keep in mind that the playcalling was absolutely abysmmal all season long, and his two top receivers (after Toomer went down) were infected with a serious case of the dropsies all season long.

I am not trying to defend Eli, just say that it is not entirely him.

Thats almost too good to be true, i love Strahan as much as anyone, but if we are able to trade a player who plaus 6-10 games a year and the 20th pick for the most talented player in the draft, i'd shit myself. Trading Plax would be a necessity though, he talks shit as the number 1 WR, he'd never play 100 % sharing time with Johnson, but i think we could get a mid second rounder for him.

Memorable qbs tend to have receivers who run their routes and give it their all even when they are not the primary receiver.

Plax cannot continue to be the #1 option when he consistently dogs it on plays he thinks he isn't getting the ball. He needs to realize that if he runs his routes he will be where Eli is expecting him to be and he just might get the ball more often.

Don't get me wrong Eli has not shown anything more than brief moments of greatness, and the only consistency he has displayed is his complete lack of consistency, but you cannot lay the blame entirely on his shoulders. Remember, he was putting up pretty good numbers early in the season when he had a solid LT protecting his blind-spot, and when he had a reliable receiver with good hands who gave 100% on every play, but when Luke and Amani went down his numbers tailed off. And also keep in mind that the playcalling was absolutely abysmmal all season long, and his two top receivers (after Toomer went down) were infected with a serious case of the dropsies all season long.

I am not trying to defend Eli, just say that it is not entirely him.

agreed, but the writer was implying that all he was missing was a legendary receiver. i think he has a way to go to be mentioned with those other guys.

I could not see the Lions trading down 17 spots to get Michael Strahan... but I would be all for it :TU:

With the number 4 pick, I do not even know if you go WR- maybee you go Willis at LB or Hall at CB. Allthough a top flight WR could really make this offense difficult to plan against. Power running game combined with a downfile passing game and an all pro TE in the middle :drool:

so cal whered you get this?

I got it from a post at the other big board inc. As I read through thread tonight looking for a link I found one, and aparently the asshole who originaly posted it was lying. Here's the fake info link ...---link---

and heres the real link, about half way down the page you'll see the headline...---link---