SportsWrath

Nem, I think you got your wish

so-cal dub

Well lets see, we re-signed O'Hara and got a RB who is getting old to be a "Smashmouth" type runner. Another good move? Maybe the 2nd good move. Note: Im not counting re-signing O'Hara. I'll say it agian, its a no brainer. :doh:

I consider cutting players moves as well, don't you? How about deciding which members of your UFAs to offer contracts and not offer contracts. Reese has done a lot of ballsy things that would not have happened last year that should benefit us long-term, if not this season.

While I have to admit you can't have "team" without "EA" ( :P), IMO Reese has shown a lot so far, although I grant you that we're talking very early in his GM career. It would have been so predictable for him to go out and make the big splash in free agency in order to punctuate his hiring, cap space be damned. Instead, he has come in with parameters on what he is willing to spend, and while it seems high, it isn't nearly as high as what other teams are spending. It seems that if the player's demands don't fall within those parameters, Reese walks away. He's taken a lot of flak for that--and he's stuck to his plan anyway. I feel he should be given credit for that, but that's just me.

There's a long way to go, and we haven't even gotten to the draft yet, but I like what I see so far. But the real test will be how this offseason is remembered a couple of years from now.

Leach is out of the picture.

Texans Match Offer for Leach

Texans Match Offer for Leach

Ready for some more bad news?

The Houston Texans have matched the Giants' offer sheet for fullback Vonta Leach.

The team made the announcement in a press release this afternoon, in which they also announced they have cut quarterback David Carr and running back Domanick Williams (who used to be Domanick Davis). The Texans had until Monday to match the four-year, $7.2 million offer sheet that Leach had signed with the Giants on Monday, but they decided not to wait.

It’s not clear what this means for incumbent Giants fullback Jim Finn, who would have obviously been the odd-man out in New York if the Texans had declined to match the offer. Obviously the Giants are interested in moving in another direction. However Finn is still under contract through 2009.