SportsWrath

Just your everday rumor...

gateb

Link

GIANTS CHOP THREE

A league source tells us that the New York Giants have cut linebacker LaVar Arrington, offensive tackle Luke Petitgout, and running back Chad Morton.

Arrington gave up $4.4 million in earned but unpaid bonus money from the Redskins last year at this time for the ability to hit the free-agent market early. But his agents, the Postons, overpriced him, and he missed out on the early cash rush.

Arrington eventually signed a trumped-up seven-year, $49 million deal with the Giants, which was low on guarantees and high on incentives. A chronic knee problem marred the early stages of the season, and then he popped an Achilles' tendon and was lost for the year.

Petitgout, the team's starting left tackle at the start of 2006, fractured his leg on November 5 against the Bears and didn't return for the season. The Giants' first-round pick (19th overall) in 1999, Petitgout was under contract for the next two seasons, at salaries of $5 million per year.

Morton tore an ACL late in the season, the second such injury he has suffered in three years. He was signed through 2009, and was scheduled to earn a salary of $720,000 in 2007.

Im taking this with a major grain of salt...

said there was a 20% chance that the Giants sign Cutcliffe. I knew two days later that the deal was broken off due to Cutcliffe health and money. I knew Palmer was going to be coach but was out of town to post it here.

Anyways, Jerry Reese is starting over in Giants land. He cutting his ties with the old tymers and bringing in the new. He's taking a page from Pioli and will build a dynasty with this Giants team. Last week i recived an email saying that Emmons,Arrington,Luke and Morton was getting cut. Today PFT announced the same thing. I like what JR is doing. He building this team from scratch again, getting rid of high priced injury prone veterans like Emmons,Arrington and Luke. Strahan and Toomer is next from what i've heard. Don't be surprised if you hear Stray and Toomer being cut in the next month.

I posted awhile back that Jerry Reese said that their will be major changes and some very important players will not be back. Guess what, he's keeping his word. My source has told me that these cuts are to save tons of money for 2008 and go after Briggs,Clements and Samuels this coming season. Yes, all three of those players. Will they get all three of those players? We'll just have to wait on that one.

The giants want Patrick Willis. If he's not available they will select a LT if Thomas or that other guy is available. I was told that Reese is very high on drafting "Trench" players and that LB,S,CB will be taken care of in FA. Reese will also take S Reggie Nelson if he's there at 20. The Giants are also expected to make a pitch at a WR and RB in FA.

Stay tune to the "New" New York Giants era that will officially begin this season.

idk who this guy thinks he is but hes on the GMB and has been posting rumors for a while now. He called the Spagnuola thing so does have a little bit of credibility to him. Something to keep an eye out for on the GMB, but to take with a grain of salt.

What the fuck is going on????? We just got Arrington! Is he not ready to play this season? ANd Luke????? what is going on????

think of it this way. its so bizarre we have to be on to something right?

im excited. Our current philosophy has sucked the last few years. Inconsistent teams, constant injuries, bad characters. I like the change.

think of it this way. its so bizarre we have to be on to something right?

im excited. Our current philosophy has sucked the last few years. Inconsistent teams, constant injuries, bad characters. I like the change.

Put it this way, Omar not signing a free agent pitcher when we had none. We don't HAVE to do anything.

I hope we wind up doing something major though, this is a big day for our man Reese.

What the fuck is going on????? We just got Arrington! Is he not ready to play this season? ANd Luke????? what is going on????

i'm with you bro...arrington i could really give 2 shits about, but luke p. c'mon this is ridiculous. listen i'm all for getting a new lt, but i really don't think guy whimper is ready to step in and replace luke p. as a matter of fact i don't know if he ever will be. why not cut him when we have someone waiting in the wings who is capable of coming in and being effective? i don't get this move....

A year ago everyone hated LUKE, now we are in an uproar. I have a major issue with this move as I have no idea what the plan at LT is and despite how well Diehl has played I do not know if he is ready for this role on a full time basis.

As for Emmons, please good frigging riddance.

Arrington? Well here is how I am looking at it. Lets say Arrington was on the Cowboys, he was signed for an incentive laden deal after not being healthy for 16 games for 3 seasons in a row. He comes to the Boys, plays 6 games and misses another entire season. So that makes 4 straight years of not being 100%, well my feelings would be, thats a good move for the Boys, this guy was not helping them. So thats how I look at that.

I wanted so badly for LaVar to pan out, but a completely bum knee and now an achillies is a lot to overcome.

I cant figure out Luke being cut other than to save money. The other two, bon voyage! Now if this cat's rumors are dead on, in which they are so far, and we get Clements and Samuels and Briggs....I will pee my pants and call Reese my leader from here on out.

A year ago everyone hated LUKE, now we are in an uproar. I have a major issue with this move as I have no idea what the plan at LT is and despite how well Diehl has played I do not know if he is ready for this role on a full time basis.

As for Emmons, please good frigging riddance.

Arrington? Well here is how I am looking at it. Lets say Arrington was on the Cowboys, he was signed for an incentive laden deal after not being healthy for 16 games for 3 seasons in a row. He comes to the Boys, plays 6 games and misses another entire season. So that makes 4 straight years of not being 100%, well my feelings would be, thats a good move for the Boys, this guy was not helping them. So thats how I look at that.

I wanted so badly for LaVar to pan out, but a completely bum knee and now an achillies is a lot to overcome.

so what's the deal with morton? is that official? at least we're finally starting to weed out these bums who are hurting the team. maybe we can get some guys who aren't injury prone, and have a fire to play every down. i have to say, i'm liking these moves. i'm still puzzled by cutting luke, but maybe we have a plan, we'll see, i give reese the benefit of the doubt. i'll tell you what, ea would have never cut luke p or arrington, just my two cents. maybe reese has some balls, and doesn't feel obligated to bring back high priced trash just because of their name. hopefully he can draft better than ea as well.

the guy made a lineup projection earlier on defense. heres how it went.

DE Osi

DE Kiwi

DT Sands

DT Cofield

OLB Pierce

OLB Briggs

ILB WIllis

CB Samuels

CB Clements

S Mikell

S Demps

i know we have nice cap space, but i cannot see any way, whatsoever we get both clements and samuels. and i still think gibril will be there as well

the guy made a lineup projection earlier on defense. heres how it went.

DE Osi

DE Kiwi

DT Sands

DT Cofield

OLB Pierce

OLB Briggs

ILB WIllis

CB Samuels

CB Clements

S Mikell

S Demps

Dude, don't make me laugh..... Gibril on a bad day with 2 broken feet is better than Quentin Mikell (as a starter, if you are going to get him for ST then fine.)

i know we have nice cap space, but i cannot see any way, whatsoever we get both clements and samuels. and i still think gibril will be there as well

Plus even though Stray is aging, he is still a beast. I see no meaning whatsoever in canning Stray.

Plus even though Stray is aging, he is still a beast. I see no meaning whatsoever in canning Stray.

stray will be here. he deserves to be. the guy can still play, and there's no point in replacing him if you don't have someone who will play better. kiwi has very nice potential, but i just don't think he's ready to take over the reign in terms of being as effective as strahan. sure he's more athlectic than strahan at this point, but strahan plays the run much better, and still commands respect, and forces teams to double him.

Amazing, I was hoping we could upgrade the LT position, but what does Reese have in mind? LaVar and Emmons good riddance. All three of these fuckers are injury prone...good bye.

Does this mean that Whimper is ready for a starting spot? Last I heard he was a raw project from a review I read at the end of the season...... if he steps in does he start on the left or does McKenzie move over?

So many questions, Jerry I hope you have some answers! :huh:

Put it this way, Omar not signing a free agent pitcher when we had none. We don't HAVE to do anything.

I hope we wind up doing something major though, this is a big day for our man Reese.

I know this doesn't belong here, but since you brought up the Mets, I figured I'd chime in.

I think Omar was smart not to overpay for any pitcher this offseason. 5 years and $55 million for Gil Meche??? :unsure: I wanted Zito, but that contract is ridiculous and would have handcuffed us in the future. 7 years for a pitcher is crazy. Rick Peterson will work his magic on our young guns and we'll be fine. :TU:

As for cutting Petitgout... I am very surprised and disappointed. I know Luke's had some problems, but he is a damn good LT. How will we replace him?

I won't miss Arrington, and Emmons just sucks so good riddance to him.