SportsWrath

Meet our new DC

mws44

He did help develop Osi, Tuck and Kiwanuka...but we still couldn't get much consistent (a word that has no place in the history of the Giants) pressure with four guys. I wouldn't mind seeing the entire defensive staff thrown out. Too bad we can't totally trash the offense too.

Develope who? tuck has one sack in 2 seasons and you hit it right on the head. This defense was inconsistent when it comes to pressuring the QB.

Develope who? tuck has one sack in 2 seasons and you hit it right on the head. This defense was inconsistent when it comes to pressuring the QB.

You're putting too much on Waufle with this. I have a feeling that 99% of us have no clue what he does that truly impacts the way the d-linemen play. Keep in mind, Robbins was mediocre in Minny and has gradually gotten better with us while Cofield was a mid round rookie and played excellent. No complaints out of Waufle. For a position coach to be let go, he has to be really bad. Waufle isn't really bad.

You're putting too much on Waufle with this. I have a feeling that 99% of us have no clue what he does that truly impacts the way the d-linemen play. Keep in mind, Robbins was mediocre in Minny and has gradually gotten better with us while Cofield was a mid round rookie and played excellent. No complaints out of Waufle. For a position coach to be let go, he has to be really bad. Waufle isn't really bad.

and Joseph is a shining star too right????/ but then again you can lead a horse to water.....

This is a good pickup on a few levels.

First, everyone knows that the Eagles linebackers have traditionally been overachievers (look at how much Emmons sucks here in NY, and Trotter with the 'Skins). I've gotta think the position coach must have something to do with that.

He's studied under Jim Johnson, who's been an above average (but I wouldn't say great) DC for a long time.

But also, he knows exactly how to get through the holes in the Eagles offense. He's seen 'em every day for years. He might know thier weaknesses, or things that rattle Mc. Nabb. It's a good plan to help knock off the team who's been the best in the East almost every year.

Now, if we could only get an offensive coordinator who doesn't suck ass...

This is a good pickup on a few levels.

First, everyone knows that the Eagles linebackers have traditionally been overachievers (look at how much Emmons sucks here in NY, and Trotter with the 'Skins). I've gotta think the position coach must have something to do with that.

He's studied under Jim Johnson, who's been an above average (but I wouldn't say great) DC for a long time.

But also, he knows exactly how to get through the holes in the Eagles offense. He's seen 'em every day for years. He might know thier weaknesses, or things that rattle Mc. Nabb. It's a good plan to help knock off the team who's been the best in the East almost every year.

Now, if we could only get an offensive coordinator who doesn't suck ass...

I hear ya man. But I seriously doubt Spagnoulo is going to make big iimpact on this team right away. So expect the defense to through its growing pains.

I hear ya man. But I seriously doubt Spagnoulo is going to make big impact on this team right away. So expect the defense to through its growing pains.

If you listen to his press conference on Giants.com he says he is going to take a long hard look at personnel. It sounded like if people had to go he was going to hold the door for them .(maybe he will cut Emmons again :TU: ) Sounds like he wants to tweak the LB'rs also said something about a 3-4 but I can't remember it all. I will have to go back and listen to it again tomorrow .

Good Choice.

But how the hell did this shit happen? Our front office doesnt have brains. How did they hire someone who seems to be capable? I dont get this. Do they know something that we dont??

Hopefully Reese was behind this hiring, and that should be a sign of good things to come...hopefully.

:clap: I like the hiring. Our D is gonna be blitz crazy.

If it's blitz crazy we're gonna be unsuccessful in different ways next year. With the secondary we have, we can't blitz as much as we'd like.

Now if we sign Samuel or Clements...

If it's blitz crazy we're gonna be unsuccessful in different ways next year. With the secondary we have, we can't blitz as much as we'd like.

Now if we sign Samuel or Clements...

Our weak secondary was one of the main reasons why Clue Less had the LB's dropping deep to help out so much. <_<

Our weak secondary was one of the main reasons why Clue Less had the LB's dropping deep to help out so much. <_<

Yeah, we have no choice but to blitz the shit out of opponents. If we get no pressure it's almost a guaranteed completion. I don't care if you get no pressure, your secondary has to make a play once and a while. You'll never see a "coverage sack" with our soft secondary.

Yeah, we have no choice but to blitz the shit out of opponents. If we get no pressure it's almost a guaranteed completion. I don't care if you get no pressure, your secondary has to make a play once and a while. You'll never see a "coverage sack" with our soft secondary.

That is why we need one of those top free agent corners; would love the guy from the Patriots.

That may have had to do with the scheme. There are plenty of other secondaries in the NFL that fared better then us with equivalent talent and a non-existant pass rush at times. Lewis just happened to be the worst guy for the job. He thought it was cool to drop William Joseph into the secondary and cover Brian Westbrook. Piece of shit.

Did you factor in cutting Emmons? ;)

I think that includes Emmons and Tiki...We probably will save more if Toomer, Strahan, Eli(12 Mil against the cap this year), and luke restructure thier contract. But I highly doubt it since most of have a foot out the door.