SportsWrath

Just watched the NY Giants 86 SB run...on NFL Network

randoff

I just watched the repeat today. Needless to say, I'm jealous. I have never seen a dominant defense when I've been old enough. 2002 was when I became a big time fan. I've been accustomed to mediocrity.

One of my favorite modern era memories was watching LT in his first game come on a blitz and was being blocked by the halfback out of the old two back set. LT picked that RB up and carried him to the QB and tackled the both of them. I banged my head against the wall and rubbed my eyes so I could make sure I was not seeing things. :o Jaworski was my favorite opposing QB to watch because that mo'fo would break his neck to see where LT was before the snap. You could see his fear when he lined up behind the center as he was already angling away from where ever LT was lined up at. He used to give this fearful presnap clue almost every passing play when he played the Giants. That is why guys like Jaworski, Theisman, Lomax (St. Louis Cardinals...where are you Neil?) had/have such a hard on against the Giants in most situations. They are still hearing LT's footsteps when they wake up in the morning. :P LT changed the game of football in the modern era. Before him the left tackle could be just about any journey man lineman; now he has to be the best guy on that line. The pro-set two back formation became a thing of the past; you saw the creation of the H-back (TE) to replace the missing Half Back and to help in protection schemes. And you had the change in philosophy regarding defensive playcalling going more from a read and react style schemes; to attacking schemes. Even when they lost....the Giants of the 80's and early 90's always had a clear idea about (apologies Dennis Green) "who we thought they were". :P

One of my favorite modern era memories was watching LT in his first game come on a blitz and was being blocked by the halfback out of the old two back set. LT picked that RB up and carried him to the QB and tackled the both of them. I banged my head against the wall and rubbed my eyes so I could make sure I was not seeing things. :o Jaworski was my favorite opposing QB to watch because that mo'fo would break his neck to see where LT was before the snap. You could see his fear when he lined up behind the center as he was already angling away from where ever LT was lined up at. He used to give this fearful presnap clue almost every passing play when he played the Giants. That is why guys like Jaworski, Theisman, Lomax (St. Louis Cardinals...where are you Neil?) had/have such a hard on against the Giants in most situations. They are still hearing LT's footsteps when they wake up in the morning. :P LT changed the game of football in the modern era. Before him the left tackle could be just about any journey man lineman; now he has to be the best guy on that line. The pro-set two back formation became a thing of the past; you saw the creation of the H-back (TE) to replace the missing Half Back and to help in protection schemes. And you had the change in philosophy regarding defensive playcalling going more from a read and react style schemes; to attacking schemes. Even when they lost....the Giants of the 80's and early 90's always had a clear idea about (apologies Dennis Green) "who we thought they were". :P

an eagle fan told me that growing up he thought jaworski's jersey number was 567