SportsWrath

The Free Agent Poll

Guest StrahansGap

The Free Agent Poll  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which free agents do you want the most???

• LB Adalius Thomas (UFA)
    • LB Lance Briggs (UFA)
    • CB Nate Clements (UFA)
    • CB Asante Samuel (UFA)
    • RB Michael Turner (RFA)
    • WR Drew Bennett (UFA)

Guest StrahansGap

I'd love to have Briggs on the Giants but since our secondary blows, I'll go with Nate Clements. If Nate gets the franchise tag, Samuel would be my next pick. Some think Samuel is better than Clements.......and they are not too far off in thinking that!

Guest StrahansGap
No decent free agent in his right mind would come here, suspecting a coaching change next year, and risking injury waiting for Cowher, Weiss or Bellichick. But I picked Samuel anyway.

Good point...I didn't think of that. I guess we're pretty much fucked then.

It's all about how much money they are asking for. I think it's time that we start building our secondary through the draft. I would love a guy like Samuel or Clements but if they ask for too much we should shy away.

We need a guy who will go over the middle and get open and catch everything thrown to him. I like Mike Furrey, but do you guys think he was a product of Martz's system this past year?

For now, I'm gonna enjoy the playoffs. Now the real teams play. I'm gonna enjoy the matchups, enjoy the super bowl, then I'll think more about the off-season.

the best cb or the best LB. i think clements and samuel are better at thier position that thomas and briggs are at theirs so either one ofthosetwo are my first choice but you really can't go wrong with any of those four. bennett would be a nice addition as well. turner is unnecessary considering themoney he'll command

the best cb or the best LB. i think clements and samuel are better at thier position that thomas and briggs are at theirs so either one ofthosetwo are my first choice but you really can't go wrong with any of those four. bennett would be a nice addition as well. turner is unnecessary considering themoney he'll command

You guys are underestimating what Briggs could do for our defense, IMO. You have to stop the run. Adding Briggs alongside Pierce and possibly Arrington would be fierce. It doesn't matter who you have in pass coverage, Clements, Samuel or whoever, if you don't pressure the QB or can't stop the run, that's why I think Briggs would be a much, much bigger lift to our defense.

I think we can improve out secondary in the draft, hopefully. I say Briggs, we'd have a ferocious front 7 with Osi, kiwi/Strahan, Coefield, Willie Joe, Arrington (providing he stays healthy, Pierce, and Briggs. If we get a DC who didn't ride the short bus, than like All Star said, the pressure we could bring would vastly improve ut secondary. I really think the schemes we ran on D last year made the secondary look alot worse than they really are.

It's all about how much money they are asking for. I think it's time that we start building our secondary through the draft. I would love a guy like Samuel or Clements but if they ask for too much we should shy away.

We need a guy who will go over the middle and get open and catch everything thrown to him. I like Mike Furrey, but do you guys think he was a product of Martz's system this past year?

For now, I'm gonna enjoy the playoffs. Now the real teams play. I'm gonna enjoy the matchups, enjoy the super bowl, then I'll think more about the off-season.

i agree completly. We have too many soft deep threats. Need somebody who can run a slant over the middle.

I'd take Thomas only if I knew for certian that he isn't a product of playing next to Ray Lewis, otherwise he could wind up being as useless as Ed Hartwell when he left the Ravens for the Falcons (mind you he was hurt for most of last year but even healthy this season he really wasn't an impact player for that defense). Aside from him my next favorite choice would have to lay with Asante Samuel, only because you know he is going to want money that the Pats won't give him but a team as desperate as the Giants for secondary help will pay..... I'd go for Clements (who should have been a Giant instead of the mistake known as Will Allen) but you've got to figure that the Bills will try hard to keep a premier CB like him from departing & he's going to command a shitload of money.

I think we can improve out secondary in the draft, hopefully. I say Briggs, we'd have a ferocious front 7 with Osi, kiwi/Strahan, Coefield, Willie Joe, Arrington (providing he stays healthy, Pierce, and Briggs. If we get a DC who didn't ride the short bus, than like All Star said, the pressure we could bring would vastly improve ut secondary. I really think the schemes we ran on D last year made the secondary look alot worse than they really are.

Who's briggs?

I'm always nervous counting on rookies to improve the defensive backfield. It would be nice to draft a solid young corner, but it always takes a while for them to get up to speed in the NFL. I don't think it would be an imediate impact, which we need for next year.

I like Clements because he is a large corner, and doesn't seem to get hurt since he has played in every game since he entered the league.

You guys are underestimating what Briggs could do for our defense, IMO. You have to stop the run. Adding Briggs alongside Pierce and possibly Arrington would be fierce. It doesn't matter who you have in pass coverage, Clements, Samuel or whoever, if you don't pressure the QB or can't stop the run, that's why I think Briggs would be a much, much bigger lift to our defense.

I bet he's gonna get the franchise tag in Chicago.

Guest StrahansGap
Who's briggs?

Briggs is the LB I watched from the upper deck of the Meadowlands a couple of Sunday nights ago, completely take over the Giants and the game single-handedly. I sat for the entire game up there in the rain and watched this guy make play after play. He was all over the field.

Like I said, I just don't see us going after a FA LB this offseason. Unless the front office has their sights set on the next Deion Sanders.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest StrahansGap

I change my mind. I'll take Assante Samuel over Briggs and Clements. As a matter of fact, I would take Samuel over just about anybody right now, the way he's been playing.

briggs will be impossible to sign though, he turned down 6 years 33 mil from the bears prior to this season

I change my mind. I'll take Assante Samuel over Briggs and Clements. As a matter of fact, I would take Samuel over just about anybody right now, the way he's been playing.

I like samuel...but he is going to be asking for some big time money.