SportsWrath

Johnny Lynn vs. Tim Lewis

jranieli

you know, before strahan and lavar went down our defense wasn't THAT bad.

Actually it was. Every team knew our backfield sucked balls. Hell Lavar didn't have but one good game (against Dallas). People were getting on the DL's case for lack of pass rush and that's with Strahan playing.

We definitely need to shore up or CB and Safety positions ... big time.

Actually it was. Every team knew our backfield sucked balls. Hell Lavar didn't have but one good game (against Dallas). People were getting on the DL's case for lack of pass rush and that's with Strahan playing.

Apparently he was more valuable against the run then we thought. I thought he held his position well against the run when he was playing.

Even when teams were kicking our ass around the first 3 weeks, our run D wasn't that bad. It's just that our pass defenense sucked.

i remember halfway through the seaosn our run defense was like 4th or 5th in the league.

I guess you didn't see the Philly and seahawks game?

yeah i also remember the few games after that.

-Skins put up 3 points on us.

-Michael Vick got sacked like 7 times against us and looked clueless.

-We made Bledsoe look so bad they benched him for Romo. Then we picked Romo THREE TIMES. We had 6 sacks in that game. Lavar got hurt here

-Then the Bucs came into town and scored 3 points on us.

-We played the Texans and gave up 10 points. Strahan got hurt here

Then the rest of the season was a disaster. We win 2 out of 9.

you know, before strahan and lavar went down our defense wasn't THAT bad.

you have to overcome injuries. we were supposed to have a very deep DL this year. He never adjusted the scheme when Strahan left and we got killed on that side almost every game.

Eagles lost Kearse and they adjusted, that's what a good Defensive coach does.

you have to overcome injuries. we were supposed to have a very deep DL this year. He never adjusted the scheme when Strahan left and we got killed on that side almost every game.

I understand that and I'm glad he's gone, but our defense finished 14th against the run this year and I'm positive we didn't improve in the 2nd half so it must have been better than that in the first half. I am just pointing out in the first half of the year they werent terrible.

Keep in mind Tuck and Osi were hurt for some time too.

Kiwi had a hot start when he came in but was a no-show down the stretch. He made some plays, but I agree, it did not seem like he was utilized as good as he could have been,

Only thing I will ask from our New D cord is...

Please dont drop our HOF DE into pass coverage....Please dont drop any of our DE's into pass coverage

I have a silly feeling that may be one of the reasons for lack of pass rush. ;)

Golly, ya think?

I think so too. HOF DE going into coverage while a CB pass rushes. On a passing down. Sounds like maximizing the use of the player's strengths to me... :rolleyes:

A comparison like Lynn vs Lewis is like taste-testing dung. Bottom line: it's gonna taste like shit.

We need a shut down corner, no question. I would love to see Demps replaced, but I don't see that happening since he was just signed as a free agent last season. I really like Wilson, he plays hard and makes a lot of nice tackles. I am very happy with his play and think he is a solid safety.

With one shut down corner I think the secondary becomes much better. Madison is decent on the other side and we would then have good depth at the position.

Back to the subject. Johnny Lynn was a horrid DC. I wasn't a fan of TLs schemes, but I def. think he was the better coordinator.