SportsWrath

Here's who the Giants Should Draft This Year...

dyinghard

As nice as that clip is and as bad as our secondary is, I can't say I'd complain.

However, this team has reached all new levels of disappointment this season. Positions where you thought we were set have faltered and positions where we weren't certain about have been okay. So it's really difficult to pin down which positions need upgraded. I think it's safe to say the D-Line will remain intact. The LBers are not terrible - Arrington will be back, Pierce is a good centerpiece, and the 3rd spot could be upgraded, but I'm not so sure that's a priority. Wilkerson, Torbor, Short - one could handle the position I think. Secondary - Madison isn't terrible, but certainly isn't the player he once was. Webster is taking longer to develop than anyone would have liked. McQuarters isn't too bad as a 3rd CB, but I think it's clear than our top 3 CBs are all highly upgradable. As far as our Safeties are concerned, I think they'd be better in a different scheme with corners who could actually cover. I don't see a need to upgrade here this offseason. So for defense, I guess we're looking at the CB spot as #1 priority, followed by an OLB. On offense, well, we very well could be royally fucked. Offensive line played better than expected this year, but that's not to say they couldn't be better. Petitgout was having a decent season before injury, especially given his performances of the last 2 seasons. We need to be better prepared should he get injured next year. Guy Wimper is unproven and 'Headbutt Bob' is not the answer. I like our Guards with Diehl and Snee. O'Hara is fine at Center. I don't want to fuck with their cohesiveness too much. TE, we're fine with Shockey and Shiancoe. Shiancoe is a typical backup TE. As far as WR goes, we'll have Toomer back, but he's aging too. Might be time to get another WR. Yeah, we drafted Moss last year, but he hasn't seen enough of the field to show whether he's a #1 guy, #2 guy, or even a #3 guy. Burress is staying for the sole reason that he has great size and has made Eli look better than he has been (however bad Eli has looked - he'd be that much worse without some of the catches Burress has made). Carter should be gone. Running back, well, what a kick in the nuts it's going to be without #21 in the backfield. I love Brandon Jacobs and I think he should be the starting RB next year. He's shown that he has the ability to carry the ball well. Fumbled a few too many times this season, but that can be corrected. He's earned the opportunity to at least be given the starting spot for now. However, we need to draft a RB and one with breakaway speed too. I'm not interested in a veteran RB and I have no confidence in anyone currently on the roster other than Tiki and Jacobs. So that makes RB #1 priority and WR #2 on offense.

So I guess after thinking through it a bit, for now, I'm looking at CB, RB, WR in the draft, in that order.

As nice as that clip is and as bad as our secondary is, I can't say I'd complain.

However, this team has reached all new levels of disappointment this season. Positions where you thought we were set have faltered and positions where we weren't certain about have been okay. So it's really difficult to pin down which positions need upgraded. I think it's safe to say the D-Line will remain intact. The LBers are not terrible - Arrington will be back, Pierce is a good centerpiece, and the 3rd spot could be upgraded, but I'm not so sure that's a priority. Wilkerson, Torbor, Short - one could handle the position I think. Secondary - Madison isn't terrible, but certainly isn't the player he once was. Webster is taking longer to develop than anyone would have liked. McQuarters isn't too bad as a 3rd CB, but I think it's clear than our top 3 CBs are all highly upgradable. As far as our Safeties are concerned, I think they'd be better in a different scheme with corners who could actually cover. I don't see a need to upgrade here this offseason. So for defense, I guess we're looking at the CB spot as #1 priority, followed by an OLB. On offense, well, we very well could be royally fucked. Offensive line played better than expected this year, but that's not to say they couldn't be better. Petitgout was having a decent season before injury, especially given his performances of the last 2 seasons. We need to be better prepared should he get injured next year. Guy Wimper is unproven and 'Headbutt Bob' is not the answer. I like our Guards with Diehl and Snee. O'Hara is fine at Center. I don't want to fuck with their cohesiveness too much. TE, we're fine with Shockey and Shiancoe. Shiancoe is a typical backup TE. As far as WR goes, we'll have Toomer back, but he's aging too. Might be time to get another WR. Yeah, we drafted Moss last year, but he hasn't seen enough of the field to show whether he's a #1 guy, #2 guy, or even a #3 guy. Burress is staying for the sole reason that he has great size and has made Eli look better than he has been (however bad Eli has looked - he'd be that much worse without some of the catches Burress has made). Carter should be gone. Running back, well, what a kick in the nuts it's going to be without #21 in the backfield. I love Brandon Jacobs and I think he should be the starting RB next year. He's shown that he has the ability to carry the ball well. Fumbled a few too many times this season, but that can be corrected. He's earned the opportunity to at least be given the starting spot for now. However, we need to draft a RB and one with breakaway speed too. I'm not interested in a veteran RB and I have no confidence in anyone currently on the roster other than Tiki and Jacobs. So that makes RB #1 priority and WR #2 on offense.

So I guess after thinking through it a bit, for now, I'm looking at CB, RB, WR in the draft, in that order.

I agree to some degree. RB come a dime a doze, especially backup RBs. So using a 2nd Rd on a RB you know is going to be on the bench is a bit of a reach. Especially since we need to upgrade our secondary and LB position.

But to be honest with you...I think we need to upgrade our Offensive line. I know people are high on O'hara, but this guy gets over matched constantly. Listen, I like O'Hara. If all our players played with his determination, we would of won 3 SB by now. But we need to upgrade this position. And I think the FO knows that already, that's why they haven't given him a contract yet. Damn! I knew we should of draft Mangold last year. But NOOOOOO! People thought I was crazy. Now looks at him. He should of gone to the pro-bowl this year as a rookie.

David Dhiel - I hate to burst people's bubbles. But he hasn't played good consistantly all year. In fact, he hasn't played good the last 2 years. So I think we need to upgrade those two positions. Or at least let Suebert take over Dheils spot and use David as the ultilities man.

And can we get a FB that actually punches LB in the mouth!

So I say, CB, OL or LB, LB or OL, RB, FB.

-'Headbutt Bob'? :LMAO::TU: Good one.

I want a guy who TACKLES, not hits. We've got enough guys who don't wrap up.

The Prostitute and The Prodigal both taught against the big hit school of tackling. They rightly taught that 9/10 times you bounce off of the guy, he sticks his hand out and keeps right on trucking.

his name is DWAYNE JARRETT from USC. He's a wide reciever, he's from new jersey, grew up a Giants fan. I want somebody Eli can groom and wont bitch all the time. Goodbye Plax and shut up shockey.

I don't like Jarrett. He had some trouble off the field right? Something turns me off about him.

I love Marshawn Lynch from Cal. And DeSean Jackson, he'd be amazing for us.

Umm, Lynch is a RB. Why?

He is going to be a star and I don't want Jacobs to be the full time back with only Derrick Ward as a backup. If our new coaches know what they are doing, they could really make a Lynch-Jacobs combination work.

Tiki's still retiring right? :ph34r: