SportsWrath

Interesting Rumors from Profootballtalk.com

Plow

POSTED 9:21 a.m. EST; UPDATED 10:01 a.m. EST, December 28, 2006

GIANTS' SHORT-TERM FUTURE FULL OF POSSIBLE SURPRISES

Okay, we know that we promised to share the "stunning" news that we've picked up regarding the future of the Giants last night, but we were putting up other stories and doing other holiday-related stuff and wanted to have the time to sit down and focus on this one.

Anyway, here's what we've picked up, all from our network of league and industry sources.

First, former Texans and Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly is regarded as the top prospect to replace Ernie Accorsi in New York. Casserly was interviewed for the job last week.

Second, New England V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli wants the Giants G.M. job, but Bob and Jonathan Kraft (who own the Patriots) don't want to let him go -- and the Giants apparently are inclined to defer to them, which Cleveland owner Randy Lerner supposedly did a couple of years ago before Phil Savage was hired as the Browns G.M.

Third, the Patriots (as we hear it) are more inclined to let coach Bill Belichick leave than Pioli. Myra Kraft, the wife of Bob Kraft, is said to be very troubled by reports of Belichick's alleged "relationship" with a married woman in New Jersey, which information surfaced earlier this year in connection with the woman's divorce proceedings.

Fourth, the Giants aren't inclined to hire Belichick because of those same dynamics. "They don't need another P.R. nightmare," said one source. Just last week, Page Six of the New York Post disclosed that the divorce complaint has been amended by Vincent Shenocca to accuse his wife and Belichick of adultery.

Fifth, if Casserly gets the G.M. job, his first choice for head coach will be former Packers coach Mike Sherman, who was hired as an assistant with the Texans while Casserly's tenure was winding down.

Sixth, a dark horse candidate for the Giants job is Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Morningsomething. (Insert shudder here.)

Seventh, and finally, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis wants the Giants job, but realizes that it could be a dead end in the short term. He likewise doesn't want to leave the Irish so soon after his arrival two seasons ago.

So there you have it. The current talk from folks in the know. Regardless of what actually happens, it's gonna be an interesting ride for the G-men over the next couple of weeks.

Fourth, the Giants aren't inclined to hire Belichick because of those same dynamics. "They don't need another P.R. nightmare,"

This is no PR nightmere for fans. I dont care if he is banging the queen of england the fucker can coach so let him coach for the Giants. it is win- win if you ask me .

POSTED 9:21 a.m. EST; UPDATED 10:01 a.m. EST, December 28, 2006

GIANTS' SHORT-TERM FUTURE FULL OF POSSIBLE SURPRISES

Okay, we know that we promised to share the "stunning" news that we've picked up regarding the future of the Giants last night, but we were putting up other stories and doing other holiday-related stuff and wanted to have the time to sit down and focus on this one.

Anyway, here's what we've picked up, all from our network of league and industry sources.

First, former Texans and Redskins G.M. Charley Casserly is regarded as the top prospect to replace Ernie Accorsi in New York. Casserly was interviewed for the job last week.

Give me cancer now god!

Second, New England V.P. of player personnel Scott Pioli wants the Giants G.M. job, but Bob and Jonathan Kraft (who own the Patriots) don't want to let him go -- and the Giants apparently are inclined to defer to them, which Cleveland owner Randy Lerner supposedly did a couple of years ago before Phil Savage was hired as the Browns G.M.

Third, the Patriots (as we hear it) are more inclined to let coach Bill Belichick leave than Pioli. Myra Kraft, the wife of Bob Kraft, is said to be very troubled by reports of Belichick's alleged "relationship" with a married woman in New Jersey, which information surfaced earlier this year in connection with the woman's divorce proceedings.

Either Bill Belichick or Pioli would be great.

Fourth, the Giants aren't inclined to hire Belichick because of those same dynamics. "They don't need another P.R. nightmare," said one source. Just last week, Page Six of the New York Post disclosed that the divorce complaint has been amended by Vincent Shenocca to accuse his wife and Belichick of adultery.

Go to hell.

Fifth, if Casserly gets the G.M. job, his first choice for head coach will be former Packers coach Mike Sherman, who was hired as an assistant with the Texans while Casserly's tenure was winding down.

I don't know...he didn't have much talent in Green Bay when he left. Maybe he can do something here. I don't want a GM from the Redskins...

Sixth, a dark horse candidate for the Giants job is Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Morningsomething. (Insert shudder here.)

We will never run the football again! :rock:

<_<

Seventh, and finally, Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis wants the Giants job, but realizes that it could be a dead end in the short term. He likewise doesn't want to leave the Irish so soon after his arrival two seasons ago.

I'd have no problem with Weis, but I'd rather have Belichick...I want a defensive coach.

Who gives a fuck if Belichick boinked another guys wife. Welcome to the 21st Century stuffy old people. Lets pass on a proven coach who can make a team of nobodies into 3-time Super Bowl champs. Great thinking FO.

leave it to this ownership to let that be a factor. sometimes i really wish they'd sell

Who gives a fuck if Belichick boinked another guys wife. Welcome to the 21st Century stuffy old people. Lets pass on a proven coach who can make a team of nobodies into 3-time Super Bowl champs. Great thinking FO.

He could fuck my wife in the ass if he wins us a superbowl...(ok, maybe 2 in 5 years)

great we are going to replace that buffoon Acorsi w/ Casserly.

we haven't had a good draft in a decade and given the work he did with the Texans we can be pretty sure that if we hire Casserly we won't have a decent draft in the next 10 either.

NIGHTMARE!!!

great we are going to replace that buffoon Acorsi w/ Casserly.

we haven't had a good draft in a decade and given the work he did with the Texans we can be pretty sure that if we hire Casserly we won't have a decent draft in the next 10 either.

NIGHTMARE!!!

In my eyes, the Texans have failed because of their coaching, not their talent level on the team. Andre Johnson is an animal. Their offensive line had a tough time. They drafted Tony Boselli in expansion, and I don't think he was half of what he was with Jax, and that hurt them off the bat. The Texans underachieved a lot in their short term as a team.

No shit! I was wondering how is this guy even considered a top prospect? but than again, this is the N.Y Giants... <_<

Well they're rumors. Personally I think the GM job is overrated in a sense. Or maybe there's just a lot of incompetent people in lots of jobs in all walks of life. You'd think with only 32 jobs of this kind, you'd have 32 brilliant people.. but no.. pass on Bush.. for a DE. Kindda like the rumors about us passing on Eli, Roth, Losman, or Rivers for... Robert Gallery :doh:

Well they're rumors. Personally I think the GM job is overrated in a sense. Or maybe there's just a lot of incompetent people in lots of jobs in all walks of life. You'd think with only 32 jobs of this kind, you'd have 32 brilliant people.. but no.. pass on Bush.. for a DE. Kindda like the rumors about us passing on Eli, Roth, Losman, or Rivers for... Robert Gallery :doh:

there was no chance for us to take gallery, he was off the table as the #2 pick. and most people had him at #2, including the Giants.

there was no chance for us to take gallery, he was off the table as the #2 pick. and most people had him at #2, including the Giants.

Wasting a pick on an offensive lineman? That's exactly my point. Just like the Texans passed on Bush for a DE.

This reminds me of the psychological tests the Giants used to give to potential draft picks. The other teams got the homicidal maniacs who could win games...while we got the "aw shucks maam good guys" who never smoked a joint and were busts for the most part. Why don't they go to Utah and fill out the team with Mormons. Fucking pathetic. I would take The Prodigal and O'Pioli any fucking day of the week. I would also take the Weissman, Crennel and/or any other ex-Giants coach with a clue. No not you Cheer Leader...you should have stayed a receivers coach.

This is no PR nightmere for fans. I dont care if he is banging the queen of england the fucker can coach so let him coach for the Giants. it is win- win if you ask me .

Banging her and making her do ass to mouth on the fucking BBC for all that I care. ;)

People do care about things like adultery still. Sex is a more damning thing than murder here. Remember that evangelical minister who initially admitted to the federal felony of buying/possessing heroin and denied the legal homosexual affair?

This is why the Euro is slapping the dollar, we need to get our priorities in whack.

hmm, do you think Orlando Pace was also a wasted pick?

Yes. When you draft very low in the first round you draft an impact player like a RB a QB or a WR. Someone who will touch the ball alot. You can always land solid OL or DL in later rounds.

People do care about things like adultery still. Sex is a more damning thing than murder here. Remember that evangelical minister who initially admitted to the federal felony of buying/possessing heroin and denied the legal homosexual affair?

This is why the Euro is slapping the dollar, we need to get our priorities in whack.

Agreed. The way I see it a man should be judged on his job by what he does on the job. If you're working for me from 9-5, I will judge your perfromance from 9 to 5. What you do with your life is your business.