SportsWrath

who should the giants draft next year?>

rphguy

OXFORD, Miss. – Ole Miss was well represented on the Scout.com All-America teams released Monday, as linebacker Patrick Willis earned first-team honors, while John Jerry and Joshua Shene made the Freshman first team, and Greg Hardy and Marcus Tillman made the Freshman second team.

Willis, a 6-foot-3, 230-pound senior from Bruceton, Tenn., led the Southeastern Conference in tackles for the second straight season. This year he was the only SEC defender to average more than 10 tackles a game with 11.4. His 137 stops rank sixth in the nation, and he’s third in solo tackles with more than seven a game.

Winner of this year’s Conerly Trophy (awarded to state’s top player), Willis is also a finalist for the Butkus and Nagurski awards.

It's not worth taking a player from Ole Miss unless his last name is Manning.

will likely have to wait another 24 years for that.

But, Hey, it's not like is the first Ole Miss player for the Giants.

Heck, he ain't even the first QB.

Willis is a monster.

And I don't like drafting CBs in the draft because it takes very long for them to develop and some of them do not turn out great. Look at our last few CBs we have drafted. Allen, Peterson, and Webster. Hopefully Webster turns out fine but the other two didn't.

I have a feeling that the FO will want a RB for thier first pick

If any of the top guys are available, then I wouldn't be dead set against that, but I definitely think the secondary should be a higher priority.

Michael Bush is an interesting possibility.

If any of the top guys are available, then I wouldn't be dead set against that, but I definitely think the secondary should be a higher priority.

Michael Bush is an interesting possibility.

I hate getting injured people. But he is/was a hell of a player. I am not sure who the top senior RBs are or underclassmen coming out. Rice, McFadden are sophs - what about Mike Hart from Michigan? Nah we have never had any luck with Big 10 backs. Have we?

I like Garrett Wolfe who I believe is the leading rusher ypg this year. He is a little small but is just tremendous and very strong. While I love Jacobs I believe we need a change of pace back for him.

WR is 2nd on my list with Jeff Samardzjia although he will prolly go top 15. After that we need DBs and maybe FA is where we get one or two with proven ability.

I hate getting injured people. But he is/was a hell of a player. I am not sure who the top senior RBs are or underclassmen coming out. Rice, McFadden are sophs - what about Mike Hart from Michigan? Nah we have never had any luck with Big 10 backs. Have we?

I like Garrett Wolfe who I believe is the leading rusher ypg this year. He is a little small but is just tremendous and very strong. While I love Jacobs I believe we need a change of pace back for him.

WR is 2nd on my list with Jeff Samardzjia although he will prolly go top 15. After that we need DBs and maybe FA is where we get one or two with proven ability.

Yeah Big Ten sucks in terms of Giants picks. FishGut and I had a back and forth about it previously. They have those corn fed road graders in front of them and undersized D-lines...so I think just about any middle of the road back can look all world in the Big Ten in my opinion. Would want to upgrade cornerback via free agency; FS or SS can be a draft pick. And we used to be LineBacker U.....we could always use another stud linebacker so Willis is a good choice.

Yeah Big Ten sucks in terms of Giants picks. FishGut and I had a back and forth about it previously. They have those corn fed road graders in front of them and undersized D-lines...so I think just about any middle of the road back can look all world in the Big Ten in my opinion. Would want to upgrade cornerback via free agency; FS or SS can be a draft pick. And we used to be LineBacker U.....we could always use another stud linebacker so Willis is a good choice.

TBCVP - agreed but what about RB? Who do you like? You have to figure we will be looking at a 1st or 2nd RD pick there.

TBCVP - agreed but what about RB? Who do you like? You have to figure we will be looking at a 1st or 2nd RD pick there.

I would rather we went 2nd round for RB...I want to save the 1st round for an LB or blue chip FS/SS. Or a good OT if any can't miss guys are still left when we pick.

I would rather we went 2nd round for RB...I want to save the 1st round for an LB or blue chip FS/SS. Or a good OT if any can't miss guys are still left when we pick.

Well Wolfe maybe a 2nd round pick at 5'7" and 175 lbs - he is a little small but he can play. I beleive he finished as the leading rusher and often faced 8-9 guys in the box. He also was top overall yardage so he can catch the ball. He is also the only top RB that is a senior. Now that doesn't mean somebody may come out - Adrian Petersen for example, but he also was injured.

Well Wolfe maybe a 2nd round pick at 5'7" and 175 lbs - he is a little small but he can play. I beleive he finished as the leading rusher and often faced 8-9 guys in the box. He also was top overall yardage so he can catch the ball. He is also the only top RB that is a senior. Now that doesn't mean somebody may come out - Adrian Petersen for example, but he also was injured.

Yeah Wolfe sounds like a keeper...if he was facing stacked defenses and still making impressive yards ...that means he can probably run in the NFL. An injured running back does not scare me as much if it was another position, basically because RB's get lit up as part of the game. So as long as it is not a chronic injury ....lets say no more than one major knee surgery, then if he comes out he might be a good mid to late 2nd rounder.

I don't like Webster and Madison is about done, so a CB would be nice. A huge DT, C, RB, TE, and LB.

I can possibly see us taking a C and DT in free agency. I am not sure if there are any CB's available next year. We can always go with one of those.