SportsWrath

Boohyah pays tribute to great Giants players of days gone by!

boohyah

Do you remember when this one time, Kent Graham threw a pass? And a wide receiver caught it? And it went for like a completion? That was great.

That was in practice right?. I remember. It was back page in the daily news.

I bought a Kent jersey once, well no a guy paid me $20 to take it off him.

I recall him throwing for over 300 yards as a Giant once or twice.

I remember him having that one great game against Denver when he threw a perfect over the shoulder pass to a sliding Amani Toomer...up to that point Amani had not done anything really special. But Kent was a legend in his own mind kind of guy...but I would take him over a half-dozen Dave "Its not my fault" Brown's. I guess he could not "manage" a game as well as Danny Kanell. LOL.

I remember a time when i was relieved to see him come on to the field.

Hey that is understandable...because with all of his flaws (and they were legion) he was a stand up guy and at least had the mentality of a quarterback. Again he was not a whining bitch like the first Golden Child..."May his name be forever stricken from the temple walls"..."the vile, odious one Dave Brown"..."may he be forever known as the Nameless One". :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy:

I recall him throwing for over 300 yards as a Giant once or twice.

You recall wrong, the Giants went from 1993 against the Cards at home where Phil Simms threw for over 300 yards until 1999 at home against the Jets where Kerry Collins threw for 300 yards. Thats right the Giants went 1994, 95, 96, 97, 98 and most of 99 without a 300 yard passer. :LMAO:

heres a blip from the Giants.com article when KC was released on 4/28/05:

His 17 300-yard passing games as a Giant rank second in team history to Simms' 21. Prior to Collins' arrival, the Giants had two 300-yard passing games in the previous 8 1/2 seasons - Jeff Hostetler in 1991 and Phil Simms in 1993.

You recall wrong, the Giants went from 1993 against the Cards at home where Phil Simms threw for over 300 yards until 1999 at home against the Jets where Kerry Collins threw for 300 yards. Thats right the Giants went 1994, 95, 96, 97, 98 and most of 99 without a 300 yard passer. :LMAO:

His 17 300-yard passing games as a Giant rank second in team history to Simms' 21. Prior to Collins' arrival, the Giants had two 300-yard passing games in the previous 8 1/2 seasons - Jeff Hostetler in 1991 and Phil Simms in 1993.

I didn't think so.

His best stretch for us was 1,697 yards in 9 games. If he had one or two 300 yard games, those other games would have really sucked.

oh well. he did have a few for the cardinals. i knew he had it in him.