SportsWrath

Sour Grapes

Virginia Giant

Pujols says he's the MVP dammit.

That plus he's already talking Cooperstown? Dude, it's a team game, be happy if you win awards but don't fucking pout if you don't.

Fuck Poohole. I never realized how arrogant he was until he said what he said about Glavine after Game 1 of the NLCS. I guess I should have been tipped off by that smug look he has on his face while in the batter's box.

I hate the Cardinals and can't wait until the opening series of the '07 season when we smack them around for 3 games.

I have no doubt that he's a good guy, look at his work in charity, especially with victims of Down's Syndrome, but he is also an intense person with an intense personality. He takes his job with all seriousness and I don't fault him for voicing out...though I would have argued his vastly superior statistics rather than the playoff team angle. But people vent...and he might have gotten a slightly inflated head after finally winning last years after consistently finishing behind Bond.

I have no doubt that he's a good guy, look at his work in charity, especially with victims of Down's Syndrome, but he is also an intense person with an intense personality. He takes his job with all seriousness and I don't fault him for voicing out...though I would have argued his vastly superior statistics rather than the playoff team angle. But people vent...and he might have gotten a slightly inflated head after finally winning last years after consistently finishing behind Bond.

yea, that's why his heads inflated... ;)

there's no doubt in my mind he uses performance enhancers

This is a smart guy...he understand his influence on the game of baseball. I really don't think he's on anything...plus considering his work ethic and how intelligent he is about the game. Have you ever seen this guy hit? The pure mechanics of his work is overwhelming.

Fuck Pujols! The way he stands at the plate with that cock sucking smile, I'd be apt to throw it at his jaw once in awhile. What a bitch...

That face pisses me off a lot at the plate.

But I have a lot of respect for him.

someone drank Selig's kool-aid.

Haha, while I'm sure players still cheat, I don't think that someone of Pujols' caliber would risk getting caught for steroids. You heard how adamant he was about the hall of fame...he wouldn't risk that by pulling a McGwire/Sosa/Bonds/Palmeiro/Canseco.

Haha, while I'm sure players still cheat, I don't think that someone of Pujols' caliber would risk getting caught for steroids. You heard how adamant he was about the hall of fame...he wouldn't risk that by pulling a McGwire/Sosa/Bonds/Palmeiro/Canseco.

you do know that there is still no testing for HGH?

Doesn't mean that it isn't testing fate to use it. Just you wait a good 15 years adn we'll see how his career pans out.

i think you'll know before then. anyway, there's not always a downslide. not when you're talented to begin with.

We're living in a different era. Bonds took steroids because he wanted to be the best, most popular player. Pujols is already the best.

pujols came out of nowhere dude. you have to take that into consideration. my point is that bonds didn't need steroids to be great, and pujols probably didn't either, but that doesn't mean it would stop him from cheating

why not? they risked it. was there any reason for palmeiro to be juicing his last season?

why not? they risked it. was there any reason for palmeiro to be juicing his last season?

Actually, yes. Palmeiro wanted to A. Extend his career and to do that he needed to B. Produce and C. He wanted to vault past a few more players on the all time HR list to help build his case for the Hall of Fame. The last thing he wanted to do was go off in obscurity hitting as many HRs as a middle infielder.

Actually, yes. Palmeiro wanted to A. Extend his career and to do that he needed to B. Produce and C. He wanted to vault past a few more players on the all time HR list to help build his case for the Hall of Fame. The last thing he wanted to do was go off in obscurity hitting as many HRs as a middle infielder.

says who? his HOF ticket was punched--first ballot. either wya he pretty much proves my point that that playres who are already great and dont need to juice still will do it if they see a legit reason to. pujols is right now considered the best hitter in baseball, just like bonds took steroids so he'd be the best hitter in baseball.