SportsWrath

Eli or Collins?

Sephiroth

Who would you rather have playing QB for us now?

Near as I can tell, they're pretty much the same QB. Immobile, bad decisions, but I think when he was here, Collins had slightly better mechanics, a tighter spiral, slightly quicker release, and a stronger arm. They both have the trademark bewildered dumb look.

We gave up the bank to get a guy who's actually WORSE than the guy he replaced.

(And for some reason, I can't stop bitching about Eli's play like I'm a fucking girl. I'm embarrassed for myself. :blah: <---- Sephiroth )

OK, now i'll entertain you.

The year and perhaps the year after we drafted / traded for Eli Collins probly would have had better stats, him being a back up to a rookie proves he is not a good quarterback anymore. Eli is a young QB playing half his games in one of the worst stadiums for a QB to play in, he is also not being helped by his coaches who for his whole career to date have put the games entirely on his shoulder (which BTW he has responded very well many times with late game heroics). For his whole career he has had one of the best weapons in football and that weapon is not being used effectivly. He throws the ball 40 times a game routinly, his confidence is low and knowing this, he is still asked to throw 40 times per game.

But here are the stats, TD's and INT's.

K.C. - 33 Games - 42 TD's - 38 INT's. These are Kerry's final 33 games

E.M. - 35 games - 46 TD's - 39 int's

Similar stats, but at this point Kerry is a backup and quite frankly lucky to be that. Eli is a young, struggling QB who WILL work his way out of his slump and become a good QB. His mechanics are absolutely NOT worse than kerry's. Kerry was a chucker, he was never a complete QB. Eli is nowhere near as immobale than Kerry, when needed Eli is very good at good at getting out of the pocket and getting the ball to his recievers.

Am i happy with Eli right now? No

Am i ready to jump ship because of his struggles? Hell no

One thing to keep in mind, in his second year he led us to the playoffs, and this year we are in a good situation to make them again.

Who would you rather have playing QB for us now?

Near as I can tell, they're pretty much the same QB. Immobile, bad decisions, but I think when he was here, Collins had slightly better mechanics, a tighter spiral, slightly quicker release, and a stronger arm. They both have the trademark bewildered dumb look.

We gave up the bank to get a guy who's actually WORSE than the guy he replaced.

(And for some reason, I can't stop bitching about Eli's play like I'm a fucking girl. I'm embarrassed for myself. :blah: <---- Sephiroth )

I realize we're all upset with the last two games, but let's not go nuts.

Eli's is making bad decisions in his second full year: when Collins was here, he was making them in his 8th.

The interceptions don't even tell the whole turnover story--Collins set a single season record for fumbles in 2001.

Collins couldn't throw on the run whatsoever--unless you consider interceptions completed passes.

I know, I know, he was better than who was here before him, and Mr Rollercoaster was the QB of a couple playoff teams in alternate years. But just because black, tarry shit stinks really bad doesn't mean brown shit doesn't stink at all.

The guy had Randy Moss and Jerry Porter to throw to for two years--and he still almost lost his starting job while he was still under contract with the Raiders. The guy was a career mediocrity; he's less than that now.

I realize we're all upset with the last two games, but let's not go nuts.

Eli's is making bad decisions in his second full year: when Collins was here, he was making them in his 8th.

The interceptions don't even tell the whole turnover story--Collins set a single season record for fumbles in 2001.

Collins couldn't throw on the run whatsoever--unless you consider interceptions completed passes.

I know, I know, he was better than who was here before him, and Mr Rollercoaster was the QB of a couple playoff teams in alternate years. But just because black, tarry shit stinks really bad doesn't mean brown shit doesn't stink at all.

The guy had Randy Moss and Jerry Porter to throw to for two years--and he still almost lost his starting job while he was still under contract with the Raiders. The guy was a career mediocrity; he's less than that now.

That shit analogy is one for the record books....I will never forgive KC for treating the Ravens defense like it was the Second Coming of the Fearsome Foursome, Doomsday and the 85 Bears all rolled into one. That motherfucker was hearing footsteps in the pre-game warmups. He let down the USA (most people were hoping the G-men would kill the fucking Ravens) when he let that unconvicted accessory to murder (Ray Lewis) scare the shit out of him before he broke his first huddle. Not to mention that the coach who rescued him sucked the opposing coaches dick for a living. And then the motherfucker gives away the SuperBowl with God I do not want to remember how many interceptions; and then when we bring in Opie Cookie Puss as the Savior he has the nerve to get his nose bent out of shape as if he were the Second Coming of Simms. Listen asshole you were a reclamation project with twin dark clouds of racism and substance abuse haunting your ass and the Giants saved your fucking career when no one else would piss on you if you were on fire. So do you swallow some pride and try to help the team that helped you. No, if I can't start then I am out of here. Shit Warner showed way more class than you could ever dream of having and everyone in the Giants organization wishes him God speed because he is one of the genuine good guys. Now if KC were still here he could hold Opie Cookie Puss' hand and tell him about feeling defensive pressure that is not there. But in terms of upside potential I would definitely stick with Opie...even if he does not pan out.

Kent Graham or Eli against the Titans? :ph34r:

Kent Graham was even more of a class A chucker than KC...Jesus he was a Legend in His Own Mind. In terms of demeanor Kannel was pretty much of the same type as our Opie Cookie Puss...with an additonal smile or aw shucks or two. He was also a little more talkative than the Chosen One is. Talent wise Opie Cookie Puss has the edge on him for sure. All Fassel could ever say about him was the "he managed the game real well for us".

I can't stand all this crap about how eli should be replaced, its ridiculous. If Phillip Rivers wasn't playing so good out in SD right now, this would not be as big a deal as it is.

The way I see it, Eli is really the scapegoat for the team, much like Joey Harrington was for the Lions the past 4 years.

Let's look at some of the Giants problems

The defense has sustained way too many injuries. While they are still plaing solid, the list is far too long

Tiki has been underused lately. When you have a hall of fame RB in ur backfield, u have to use him in the running and receiving game often

Petigout is out on the Oline. Protection breakdowns give Eli less time to think which makes any QB make bad throws

And finally, Eli is in his third year as a pro QB. Obviously he's "regressed" the past few weeks, but thats what happens to young QBs. They make mistakes and make a few bonehead plays. They develop and grow into good players thogh. Also, people expect him to be Peyton. Well, here's a little fact. Eli is not Peyton Manning, nor will he ever be Peyton Manning. While I believe he will develop onto a great QB, no other active QBs can be put in the same category as Peyton, so the comparison needs to stop