SportsWrath

Mets close to Alou.

Exit 117

Most reporting 1 year w/ option.

Personally, I think we may have overpaid (8 million), but I am liking the move here. I am really beginning to trust Omar with things like this. That said, I'd like the move a whole lot better if we could replace Shawn Green with a player who can go 60-40 with Valentin and a different lefty outfielder. The downside, this team just got a lot older and slower, but again a formidable hitting lineup.

Reyes

Lo Duca

Beltran

Wright (I think Willie makes the move and puts him cleanup to break a righty-righty combo. Deserving nonetheless)

Delgado

Alou

Green

Valentin

I like it. Give Edge another year to develop. Alou's a solid player.

And I want to give Endy a lot of playing time this year too.

That he will get. Willie knows how to manage the bench players.

Endy gets at least 300 AB's.

With the talent the Mets have down in AA ball in the OF and Milledge I guess this makes sense. They say that kid Gomez is a cannot miss.

I am just not crazy about handing out deals to 40 year old position players in the NL. Guess there is some combo of Endy, Green and Alou in the corners.

With the talent the Mets have down in AA ball in the OF and Milledge I guess this makes sense. They say that kid Gomez is a cannot miss.

I am just not crazy about handing out deals to 40 year old position players in the NL. Guess there is some combo of Endy, Green and Alou in the corners.

It's a risk worth taking. Maybe too much money, but that is my only problem with it. If Alou doesn't work out, we have plenty of OFs that could easily pick him up. And if Alou does work out, he adds more balance to the lineup being a solid right handed hitter. It's a smart move.