SportsWrath

Official Hire Charlie Weiss thread

Guest JACKSTROUD7

Guest JACKSTROUD7
Too bad Weis aint going anywhere. But hey, I can dream too.

Well the only shot we would have is if he wants to coach the best atletes on Earth again, or stick with the college kids

Charlie seemed like a real egoist on that 60 minutes interview.......he just might bite

and if Coughlin gets the GM job, Charlie might be acceptable to him as another ex-Parcells guy

Too bad Weis aint going anywhere. But hey, I can dream too.

hey i like charlie weis, and would have had no problem if he were the coach. but i got one question for you jack. how's notre dames defense looking? last time i checked it was abyssmal. what makes you so sure that weis would be a better fit for us? is this based on merit? or the fact that you hate tom coughlin and no matter what he does, you'll continue to say negative things about him. i'll choose the latter. i still don't think you'd give him any credit if he were to get us a ring....you'd say we won despite him.

Guest JACKSTROUD7
hey i like charlie weiss, and would have had no problem if he were the coach. but i got one question for you jack. how's notre dames defense looking? last time i checked it was abyssmal. what makes you so sure that weiss would be a better fit for us? is this based on merit? or the fact that you hate tom coughlin and no matter what he does, you'll continue to say negative things about him. i'll choose the latter. i still don't think you'd give him any credit if he were to get us a ring....you'd say we won despite him.

Look hes got Blackburn, Frank Walker, Tim Carter, and Brandon Jacobs on the bench last night

Jacobs got 2 immacualte carries........untouched for 2 TDs.......the others nothing

Meanwhile we have David Tyree at WR, Tiki going 20 carries for no gain, Correy Webster playing like a blind man, and Pierce unable to drop once into coverage to stop that infuriating Muhammed over the middle pass

I rest my case

theres no fool like an old fool

Look hes got Blackburn, Frank Walker, Tim Carter, and Brandon Jacobs on the bench last night

Jacobs got 2 immacualte carries........untouched for 2 TDs.......the others nothing

Meanwhile we have David Tyree at WR, Tiki going 20 carries for no gain, Correy Webster playing like a blind man, and Pierce unable to drop once into coverage to stop that infuriating Muhammed over the middle pass

I rest my case

Tiki gained 140 yards on 19 carries.

Guest JACKSTROUD7
Blackburn going in means Pierce is injured. Be careful what you wish for.

I'd like to see Blackburn in on obvious passing downs

Jakk,

I can live with the pugnacious attacks on our team and personnel, even from an elleged fan, but your lack of loyalty would astound Benedict Arnold.

This is a guy you called "the General" and spoke of with such reverence.

I mean really, calm down. We're in as good of shape as you can be considering our injuries. I don't like the calls, but most of that is personnel-based and most of that is really execution.

If anything, blame Eli for still throwing shitty balls. Blame charma for injuries, but try, try to be true of at least one of the horses you back!

Guest JACKSTROUD7
Jakk,

I can live with the pugnacious attacks on our team and personnel, even from an elleged fan, but your lack of loyalty would astound Benedict Arnold.

This is a guy you called "the General" and spoke of with such reverence.

I mean really, calm down. We're in as good of shape as you can be considering our injuries. I don't like the calls, but most of that is personnel-based and most of that is really execution.

If anything, blame Eli for still throwing shitty balls. Blame charma for injuries, but try, try to be true of at least one of the horses you back!

He was necessary at the time to re-instill discipline.....much as Ray Perkins was

Here's an interesting question- do you think Perkins, had he stayed would have won two SBs with his inflexibility? My guess is no. Parcells was the kind of guy who could motivate you to run through doors, and took a lot of gambles.

Coughlin's ok, but he's not getting any younger.....also his refusal to use Jacobs and Shockey is driving me nuts.

You're misattributing Huf stuff with TC. The reason that Bill Cowher has sustained and ultimately prevailed is because he doens't stick with coaches who don't perform.

in my opinion Kevin Gilbride and Huf are mediocre performers. You can't blame Tim Lewis for his failings: he's lived through injury season after another.

I don't think TC is soft, but I think his coaches are underperforming. Charlie Weis is locked down for a long time and there's a reason for that; it just happened last season too after only one year down on his contract.

TC would have to do less than last year to get the boot. If he does just the same, then he'll still have one more lame duck year.

These facts will not change. I like TC and I appreciate his discipline. Not sure if there's a better option out there.

You should watch what you wish for, the Mara's the run the show now are inheritors, not builders of this franchise, so you may just get something of a worse coach and you can bet it'll be someone with old Giants ties, since there aren't many good one's out and available, well it could be a disaster.

Be patient and try not to beat the war drums about TC just yet, he hasn't yet receeded in his accomplishments for the G.

You're misattributing Huf stuff with TC. The reason that Bill Cowher has sustained and ultimately prevailed is because he doens't stick with coaches who don't perform.

in my opinion Kevin Gilbride and Huf are mediocre performers. You can't blame Tim Lewis for his failings: he's lived through injury season after another.

I don't think TC is soft, but I think his coaches are underperforming. Charlie Weis is locked down for a long time and there's a reason for that; it just happened last season too after only one year down on his contract.

TC would have to do less than last year to get the boot. If he does just the same, then he'll still have one more lame duck year.

These facts will not change. I like TC and I appreciate his discipline. Not sure if there's a better option out there.

You should watch what you wish for, the Mara's the run the show now are inheritors, not builders of this franchise, so you may just get something of a worse coach and you can bet it'll be someone with old Giants ties, since there aren't many good one's out and available, well it could be a disaster.

Be patient and try not to beat the war drums about TC just yet, he hasn't yet receeded in his accomplishments for the G.

I was never sold on TC even before he turned us down and went to Boston College (or is it Boston U?). And I definitely did not want him here as a retread either....you thought he was the second coming or something when he first showed up. But since we are probably stuck with him for another year at least....please let him get a grip and start using his players strengths instead of trying to mold them into the players he wants them to be (e.g. Shockey and others). And be a little more proactive with his "wife" Huffnagel and give him a boot, stroke, pat, punch whatever it takes for him to join the 21st century of offensive coaching. :brooding:

. . .You should watch what you wish for, the Mara's the run the show now are inheritors, not builders of this franchise, so you may just get something of a worse coach. . .
That isn't possible. Coughlin is the worst HC in the League, and the coaching staff he has assembled is a ragtag group of wannabe's. Until this organization cleans house, starting with the release of the entire coaching staff, they will be mired in mediocrity. It'll never happen, of course, as that would be a ballsy move by a very conservative, slow moving organization. But there is no team chemistry, no cohesion, and it gets worse after every bungled loss.

Jakk , you are a total moron .... please give up .... retire .... go away....i used to think you were a harmless comical fool ..... but you are infact worse than that ......please just disappear.... soon !
I concur.

I rest my case

Umm last time i checked we ran the ball 21 times for 150 yards and 2 td's. B.J had 9 of those yards and both td's.

what has Charlie Weis accomplished in Notre Dame to get all this hype, including a book and a feature on 60 minutes?? he hasn't won any big games and has about the same record as Ty Willingham after the same amount of games....

Exactly....other than coaching Notre Dame he has accomplished nothing out of the ordinary for a head coach yet to be getting all of this press...Yeah smack that Ass.