SportsWrath

You know, when someone punches you in the face!

boohyah

You can do one of 2 things:

You cry like a bitch.

Or you fight the fuck back.

And what I saw tonight was a lot of guys out there not fighting back.

After the first 7 games of the season, some people had thought Eli had turned the corner, but just like last season, he's now hit the half way point and he's played 2 shitty games in a row, and totally looks like he has not fight in him. Now if Kurt Warner had played like this, he'd have been benched, and it wouldn't kill the coaching staff to sit him for a series or 2 to wake him up, because he needs a kick in the ass sometimes. The o-line gave him time to throw tonight, and even without Amani the wide receivers got open. And he fucking threw balloons at them!. Not once did Coughlin get in his face, not once!! When people say Coughlin is a bad coach (Madden hinted as this several times tonight), this is one of the reasons why, because he's the guy that has to kick Eli's ass when he blows like this.

Secondly, the coaching out there tonight was terrible. Coughlin thinks that a big part of coaching is trying to get the fans to cheer, or to waste time screaming at the refs. coach the fucking game Tom. Lovie Smith isn't wasting his breath, he's figuring out a way to win a game. You're trying to create and atmosphere and not paying attention. Feely missed from 33 yards, yet you're 4 down and trying to kick a 52 yarder on a wet field. And how to let a team let down their guard like that on a runback, this should be in Football 101, the play is not dead till you take a knee. Was I the only one who felt he was going to run it out. I mean fuck, the defensive linemen had all jogged out to the right to set up the blocks!! Plus, the Bears wore down our interior linemen, so why the fuck was William joseph (who played well) playing end for more of this game, and Awasom sitting on the bench. There should have been a 3 man rotation on the interior. The Bears never hit the outside when they ran tonight, it was all up the middle, and fact is they made their intentions clear from the first half.

How do you explain Corey Webster playing Muhammad one on one without safety help. Corey has yet to show he can play one on one. We can't swing Gibril Wilson out there to help?

Keeping Shockey out of the offense is a joke. If Shockey does anything best, is he makes the emotional plays for us. One pass!!. One fucking lousy pass. One day Shockey will be with another team and we'll see someone use him right.

Oh and yes, Tom, please for once. Harken back to the days of old style smash mouth football a little will ya. You got a 6-4 267lbs running backs who smashes up linemen and linebackers, and he carries the ball less than 5 carries a game??. We won 2 superbowls with smash mouth, it works and what's worse you were a coach on those teams so you know it works.

It's just frustrating!. 13-3 up at home, with the ball. Now we're 2 games behind Chicago, which we'll probably not get back, a shit load of injuries. I still think we're the 2nd best team in the NFC, but Chicago in December is not a good spot to be in. We dropped the ball tonight big time.

gimme a break, it's one game where we were severely undermanned. once they made some adjustments on offense, that was it.

and once pettigout went out, that was it for our offense.

news flash, the bears are good.

We weren't severely undermanned on offense. One guy was out (Toomer). We had them down 13-3 and the ball. The undermanned unit was the defense and they played their guts out early on. We know the Bears are good, but if we play smart football, we're as good as them.

Newsflash, last week we played like shit last week and got away with it because the team we played was crap.

teams play from behind all the time in the NFL. you act like 13-3 is some insurmountable lead.

and pettigout plays offense, it wasn't just toomer. look how many running plays go to his side. he's the focal point of the offense.

newsflash: houston beat jacksonville for the 2nd time this week, the're not that shitty.

teams play from behind all the time in the NFL. you act like 13-3 is some insurmountable lead.

and pettigout plays offense, it wasn't just toomer. look how many running plays go to his side. he's the focal point of the offense.

newsflash: houston beat jacksonville for the 2nd time this week, the're not that shitty.

13-3 and in complete control.

Houston are 3-6!!!!

And I watched that game last week and yes they are a bad team. But even the raiders beat the steelers,so sometimes these teams get lucky.

Tiki's biggest runs tonight came before or after pettigout left the field?

Yes Eli played like shit but I didn't see him with loads of time back there. Witfield was getting owned after Luke went out. Defense played great in the first half but sucked in the second half. My God, you can't give up a first down on 3rd and 22. Coaches get plenty of blame in this one.

Eli had a lot of time back there. His passes were terrible, simple as that.

13-3 and in complete control.

The Bears are a flawed team and can be owned. They were playing against second and third stringers and they still could have lost. The Bears are good at pursuing but straight up the gut running plays are not something they stand up against very well. The Giants played Santa Claus today. Good Luck to the Bears, I do not think they will have such generous opponents in the future ....especially the playoffs.

We weren't severely undermanned on offense. One guy was out (Toomer). We had them down 13-3 and the ball. The undermanned unit was the defense and they played their guts out early on. We know the Bears are good, but if we play smart football, we're as good as them.

Newsflash, last week we played like shit last week and got away with it because the team we played was crap.

What killed the Gmen was failure to commit to the running game. We have a potential MVP who leads the leage in rushing... he only had 18 fucking carries. Since throwing the ball was the name of the game, the GIANTS did not have any long possesions on offense. The Walking Wounded D did not get any chance to rest.

The team has the talet, just a lack of a play caller. Huffeneger should be fired today, tied up to a pole in the parking lot and left there for every fan to stop by and kick him in the balls. Hang a little sign over his head that says RUN THE BALL YOUR NEXT TOM! :furious:

so now you think pettigout is not a big loss because tiki broke a big run to the right. good, i was worried there for a minute.

Blu, keep looking deep and hard into what I'm saying won't you?. I never said Luke wasn't a big part of this offense because after 7 years on the team, this has been his best year. But don't go making comments that when Pettigout went out of the game that the offense had no chance when after he left Tiki broke for 60 yards on a run down the right side of the field.

His passes were terrible but he didn't have alot of time back there. Witfield got owned, simple as that.

Look at the replay of the game if you can and see how much time Eli had to throw. Whitfield or no Whitfield. Whitfield is a solid end, who will over the course of the season more than hold his own. But there's going to be a lot of blitzes coming from his side and he's going to need some help out there.

Look at the replay of the game if you can and see how much time Eli had to throw. Whitfield or no Whitfield. Whitfield is a solid end, who will over the course of the season more than hold his own. But there's going to be a lot of blitzes coming from his side and he's going to need some help out there.

Solid end? I think that is pushing it. Maybe a servicable end

Solid end? I think that is pushing it. Maybe a servicable end

Whitfield did fine when he played last year. But he's an older guy who playing the hardest spot on the line and he needs help sometimes and it didn't look last night like he got any.

When the first 3 DE's on your Depth Chart are OUT and your first 2 OLB's on your Depth Chart are OUT, it's hard to keep a team out of the end zone. That and they were on the field almost every other 4 downs, I really cant blame the interior line and line backers. torbor and wilkenson didn't play horrible. We are as bad in the secondary as most people thought.

Booyah was absolutely right also about the safety help. That play that Madison got burned where was Gibril? 3 steps late. The deep crosses and posts they were running? Where were the safeties to contest the ball or put a hit on the receiver? No where to be found, the corners were left out on an island and they couldn't survive. One bright spot in the secondary is R.W McQuarters, the guy plays hard, blitzes well, and seems to do a good job in coverage.

You can do one of 2 things:

You cry like a bitch.

Or you fight the fuck back.

And what I saw tonight was a lot of guys out there not fighting back.

After the first 7 games of the season, some people had thought Eli had turned the corner, but just like last season, he's now hit the half way point and he's played 2 shitty games in a row, and totally looks like he has not fight in him. Now if Kurt Warner had played like this, he'd have been benched, and it wouldn't kill the coaching staff to sit him for a series or 2 to wake him up, because he needs a kick in the ass sometimes. The o-line gave him time to throw tonight, and even without Amani the wide receivers got open. And he fucking threw balloons at them!. Not once did Coughlin get in his face, not once!! When people say Coughlin is a bad coach (Madden hinted as this several times tonight), this is one of the reasons why, because he's the guy that has to kick Eli's ass when he blows like this.

Secondly, the coaching out there tonight was terrible. Coughlin thinks that a big part of coaching is trying to get the fans to cheer, or to waste time screaming at the refs. coach the fucking game Tom. Lovie Smith isn't wasting his breath, he's figuring out a way to win a game. You're trying to create and atmosphere and not paying attention. Feely missed from 33 yards, yet you're 4 down and trying to kick a 52 yarder on a wet field. And how to let a team let down their guard like that on a runback, this should be in Football 101, the play is not dead till you take a knee. Was I the only one who felt he was going to run it out. I mean fuck, the defensive linemen had all jogged out to the right to set up the blocks!! Plus, the Bears wore down our interior linemen, so why the fuck was William joseph (who played well) playing end for more of this game, and Awasom sitting on the bench. There should have been a 3 man rotation on the interior. The Bears never hit the outside when they ran tonight, it was all up the middle, and fact is they made their intentions clear from the first half.

How do you explain Corey Webster playing Muhammad one on one without safety help. Corey has yet to show he can play one on one. We can't swing Gibril Wilson out there to help?

Keeping Shockey out of the offense is a joke. If Shockey does anything best, is he makes the emotional plays for us. One pass!!. One fucking lousy pass. One day Shockey will be with another team and we'll see someone use him right.

Oh and yes, Tom, please for once. Harken back to the days of old style smash mouth football a little will ya. You got a 6-4 267lbs running backs who smashes up linemen and linebackers, and he carries the ball less than 5 carries a game??. We won 2 superbowls with smash mouth, it works and what's worse you were a coach on those teams so you know it works.

It's just frustrating!. 13-3 up at home, with the ball. Now we're 2 games behind Chicago, which we'll probably not get back, a shit load of injuries. I still think we're the 2nd best team in the NFC, but Chicago in December is not a good spot to be in. We dropped the ball tonight big time.

This summed it up perfectly. And no you weren't the only who thought they were going to run it back. The moment he caught the short kick in the end zone, I went "oh no"... and trust me I don't remember the rest of the game after that... I'm trying to recall how the score ended up 38-20 but I don't remember a single play after that debacle.

Not in my wildest nightmares did I imagine us going for a 52 yarder with those conditions and with that much time left.

Just one more thing to add: Is it me or did TL stopped blitzing?

This summed it up perfectly. And no you weren't the only who thought they were going to run it back. The moment he caught the short kick in the end zone, I went "oh no"... and trust me I don't remember the rest of the game after that... I'm trying to recall how the score ended up 38-20 but I don't remember a single play after that debacle.

Not in my wildest nightmares did I imagine us going for a 52 yarder with those conditions and with that much time left.

It was hard to blitz Grossman last night to be honest. The Giants did get pressure on Grossman because there were times that we had 3 linemen out there with Joseph at the end position (by the way, Joseph is one guy who did well last night and got a bullshit roughing the passer call on him), and they pushed the offensive line back pretty good into Grossman. But the Bears countered the blitz by running the ball up the middle, and we had to respect it, which means calling off some blitzes. Furthermore you can blitz McQuarters and Wilson some of the game, but if the Bears read it and pick it up, then we're left with one gimpy corner and another one who can't cover one on one. It's not a good matchup for us.

Blu, keep looking deep and hard into what I'm saying won't you?. I never said Luke wasn't a big part of this offense because after 7 years on the team, this has been his best year. But don't go making comments that when Pettigout went out of the game that the offense had no chance when after he left Tiki broke for 60 yards on a run down the right side of the field.

boo, try hard not to be a condescending jerk.