SportsWrath

Houston Game is gonna make me nervous

fishgutmartyr

Too many dominating games, Chicago right after--this could be an ugly one. I hope they remember to play Sunday, or we wind up with what we saw at the beginning of the season.

debbie-downer.jpg

WAAA WAAA WAAA......We're DOOMED...DOOMED, I tell ya....DOOMED. Say it with me now.....

debbie-downer.jpg

WAAA WAAA WAAA......We're DOOMED...DOOMED, I tell ya....DOOMED. Say it with me now.....

I'm sure Jacksonville was concentrating on Houston last week, instead of looking to the Philly game.

Four big wins in a row, Chicago right after which might be pivotal in the playoff picture, and you can't smell trap game?

_39912100_lost_in_space_pa.jpg

I'm sure Jacksonville was concentrating on Houston last week, instead of looking to the Philly game.

Four big wins in a row, Chicago right after which might be pivotal in the playoff picture, and you can't smell trap game?

_39912100_lost_in_space_pa.jpg

well technically a trap game is an easy game sandwiched in between 2 tough games, so no i don't see it as a "trap game". but we do have to win the games we are supposed to, so we cannot have a letdown. i'm actually happy we get to play a couple of easy games, as we can now try to rest our guys who are injured and hopefully they will be ready when we need them later in the season. i'm actually going to the texans and the bears game. i can't f*cking wait!

I agree with you Fish. It's going to be hard to get this team to focus solely on the Texans with the Bears the following week. Did anybody see NBC last night promoting the Bears - Giants in 2 weeks and then afterwards they said "oh and yes, next week it's the Patriots and the Colts". Huh??

well technically a trap game is an easy game sandwiched in between 2 tough games, so no i don't see it as a "trap game". but we do have to win the games we are supposed to, so we cannot have a letdown. i'm actually happy we get to play a couple of easy games, as we can now try to rest our guys who are injured and hopefully they will be ready when we need them later in the season. i'm actually going to the texans and the bears game. i can't f*cking wait!

I wouldn't consider the Bucs game an easy win by any standards, I'd imagine their was alot of emotions being the Barber Bowl and everything, i can see how it would be easy to look past the Texans and have a let down game.

I don't think the leaders on this team - Strahan, Eli, Barber will be looking to the Bears. And I don't think Coughlin will let these guys forget that they're playing the Texans at home this week.

Sure, there's a chance that some thought will go to the Bears, but I have faith in both the coaching and the leadership on this team that they'll be focused on this week's game.

I think the Bears are highly beatable. They're resilient and it'll be a tough, defense-oriented, probably low scoring game, but I like the Giants chances there.

Guest MontyPython
Agreed, and it's a very good thing that Houston upset Jacksonville--it makes things a little easier for Coughlin when he tries to get the players up for this game.

honestly, I don't think anything gets EASY around Col Coughlin?

j/k..

Being at the game, it was very interesting to see him interact with Jacobs after Jacobs got that taunting penalty on the sideline...Col Coughlin was pissed! he was also screaming at Tyree for jumping offsides on that punt and giving them new life...damn, I thought he was gonna burst a blood vessel. He has also stopped Shockey from complaining after every missed throw? I dunno, but Shockey was well behaved and quiet yesterday

honestly, I don't think anything gets EASY around Col Coughlin?

j/k..

Being at the game, it was very interesting to see him interact with Jacobs after Jacobs got that taunting penalty on the sideline...Col Coughlin was pissed! he was also screaming at Tyree for jumping offsides on that punt and giving them new life...damn, I thought he was gonna burst a blood vessel. He has also stopped Shockey from complaining after every missed throw? I dunno, but Shockey was well behaved and quiet yesterday

:)

The ol' Col. is a carrier for tension--a "typhoid Mary" of sorts. I suspect he finds life a lot easier than those around him--he at least knows what's coming. Fortunately, we get to sit back and reap the benefits.

He should have been screaming at Jacobs and Tyree for those bonehead moves: Tyree has been around enough to know better, and it's just stupid for Jacobs to throw away a good run like that. You risk injury in that position every down--why fight over the same yards twice?

Guest MontyPython
:)

The ol' Col. is a carrier for tension--a "typhoid Mary" of sorts. I suspect he finds life a lot easier than those around him--he at least knows what's coming. Fortunately, we get to sit back and reap the benefits.

He should have been screaming at Jacobs and Tyree for those bonehead moves: Tyree has been around enough to know better, and it's just stupid for Jacobs to throw away a good run like that. You risk injury in that position every down--why fight over the same yards twice?

agreed on both situations. it is interesting to see Jacobs run over and around defenders, however, he is setting himself up for some very pissed off defenders whom may resort to underhanded (see dirty) play to bring him down and...gasp...hurt him?

I said in camp 2005 that he was the closest thing to Jim Brown that I have seen in 40 yrs of watching. he is as big as D linemen today, as Brown was in the 60's

His agressiveness is needed, his hot head at times is not. a delicate balance he must find

Tyree? He wanted the block knowing the Punter was kicking into the wind! We all made that groan when he jumped, seemingly keeping the nearly dead Bucs in the game.

agreed on both situations. it is interesting to see Jacobs run over and around defenders, however, he is setting himself up for some very pissed off defenders whom may resort to underhanded (see dirty) play to bring him down and...gasp...hurt him?

I said in camp 2005 that he was the closest thing to Jim Brown that I have seen in 40 yrs of watching. he is as big as D linemen today, as Brown was in the 60's

His agressiveness is needed, his hot head at times is not. a delicate balance he must find

Tyree? He wanted the block knowing the Punter was kicking into the wind! We all made that groan when he jumped, seemingly keeping the nearly dead Bucs in the game.

wheren't the Bucs moving from East to West when Tyree was called for that?

Guest MontyPython
wheren't the Bucs moving from East to West when Tyree was called for that?

I believe, although I could be wrong as I am many times, that the wind was "swirling" and at times east/west didn't matter. in fact, a fluttering Eli pass in the 1st qtr that was supposedly in the wind, looked alot like it was being blown away from Buress.

Giants Stadium has a wierd wind pattern, I wonder if the new stadium will mimick the winds or will they design it to keep the winds at a min?

I believe, although I could be wrong as I am many times, that the wind was "swirling" and at times east/west didn't matter. in fact, a fluttering Eli pass in the 1st qtr that was supposedly in the wind, looked alot like it was being blown away from Buress.

Giants Stadium has a wierd wind pattern, I wonder if the new stadium will mimick the winds or will they design it to keep the winds at a min?

If not , maybe we can have the wind pipped in like Seattle does for noise. :rolleyes::LMAO:

Guest MontyPython
If not , maybe we can have the wind pipped in like Seattle does for noise. :rolleyes::LMAO:

lol

I thought that by them adding the luxury suites up high, would reduce some of the wind...I think it has gotton worse instead? it seems like the wind gets trapped and goes in a circle. I let go of a hot dog wrapper in the fist half and followed it around the stadium with my eyes.... till I caught it....almost

:P

I'm sorry guys, but if you believe this is a Super Bowl team then assume we will dominate this game.

A Super Bowl team dominates this game and plays great the next week, and beats another great team.

We shall see.

i disagree

this 2006 Giants team is focused , more mature, well coached and well disciplined

TC will have us ready for Houston

We will also win this game big at home by 3 scores ( IMO )

this 2006 team is different

we won after the bye

we beat Dallas away on MNF

we dont lose trap games at home

31-14

Too many dominating games, Chicago right after--this could be an ugly one. I hope they remember to play Sunday, or we wind up with what we saw at the beginning of the season.

I'm not worried about this team.. not anymore. The week after the buy curse? Gone. Losing on MNF curse? Gone. Losing to weak teams (trap games) curse? Gone.

Bring on Houston and we will pad our stats with them... points allowed/scored, sacks, turnovers. Then bring on the Bears... a true test.. then bring on Jacksonville... another true test. And I think we will win all 3 games coming up.